    Any help would be much appreciated.
    --
    Charles
    Charles Denroche, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Charles Denroche

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Charles Denroche <> wrote in news:F4LiOXHtrK5
    $:

    > I have tried to install various anti-spam programs on an XP machine,
    > preferably free ones. So far without success. Any advice on cutting out
    > the best part of a daily influx of close on a hundred American
    > pornographic sales Spam. Something simple and easy to install.
    > Any help would be much appreciated.

    If you're using OE, then I'll assume it's the part about emails setting
    in the INBOX.

    What I do is I have taken OE out of its sending and receiving emails on a
    timed basis and at start-up. I also have set OE so that that I must use
    the Send/Recv Button to send or receive the emails. If sending the email,
    the the emails is held in the Outbox, then you use the Send/Recv button.

    I use Mailwasher (free) and I removed all short-cuts from the desktop
    that allows me to start IE, which can be started from with in Mailwasher.

    I put Mailwasher in the Start-up folder and Mailwasher is on a timed
    basis while setting in the jobtray. Doing that allows me to see the
    emails at the ISP and delete them. If anything is left after the
    deletion, the I can start OE through Mailwasher and do the Send/Recv
    thing to pull the wanted emails to the Inbox.

    Ninty-nine percent of the emails I get are trash that is deleted at the
    ISP and never pulled to OE. However, I use Outlook not OE and it works
    the same way.

    I use to use the Mailwasher filter featues, but have abondon that and
    don't use the Bounce Back feature, which is useless.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 20, 2003