  1. hey all..

    anyone recommend an anti-virus program that works with thunderbird &
    firefox under win98se?

    dilbert firestorm, Dec 25, 2007

  2. dilbert firestorm wrote:
    > hey all..
    >
    > anyone recommend an anti-virus program that works with thunderbird &
    > firefox under win98se?

    you can find all sorts of things here:
    http://www.freebyte.com/antivirus/

    however, some of the leading best are the following:

    http://www.clamwin.com/
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-anti-rootkit/us/crp/0
    http://www.free-av.com/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 25, 2007

  3. dilbert firestorm wrote:
    > hey all..
    >
    > anyone recommend an anti-virus program that works with thunderbird &
    > firefox under win98se?

    Avast! without a doubt.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 25, 2007
  4. dilbert firestorm

    Miller Guest

    Miller, Dec 25, 2007
  5. dilbert firestorm

    Gompy Guest

    dilbert firestorm wrote in

    > hey all..
    >
    > anyone recommend an anti-virus program that works with thunderbird &
    > firefox under win98se?

    When you ask this in a group you'll get thousands of different answers.
    You better make your own choice.

    http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/summary2007.pdf

    GL
    --
    Regards, Gompy.

    [Remove " .fake. " from the address for a direct reply]

    Gompy, Dec 25, 2007
  6. dilbert firestorm

    Charani Guest

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:49:20 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:

    > http://www.free-av.com/

    free-av doesn't support any Win OS below XP. I used to have Anti Vir
    but had to return to AVG because it's the only one that still supports
    all Win OSs. I use Win ME.

    I don't think Avast supports anything below XP either.

    Charani, Dec 26, 2007
  7. Charani wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:49:20 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.free-av.com/

    > free-av doesn't support any Win OS below XP. I used to have Anti Vir
    > but had to return to AVG because it's the only one that still supports
    > all Win OSs. I use Win ME.
    >
    > I don't think Avast supports anything below XP either.

    I'm running Avast on 98SE. This is the free version - the paid-for one
    may be different.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 26, 2007
  8. dilbert firestorm

    bassbag Guest

    Avast will run on systems from w95 to vista
    me

    bassbag, Dec 26, 2007
  9. Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > Charani wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:49:20 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.free-av.com/

    >> free-av doesn't support any Win OS below XP. I used to have Anti Vir
    >> but had to return to AVG because it's the only one that still supports
    >> all Win OSs. I use Win ME.
    >>
    >> I don't think Avast supports anything below XP either.

    > I'm running Avast on 98SE. This is the free version - the paid-for one
    > may be different.

    hoe well does it handle thunderbird?

    dilbert firestorm, Dec 26, 2007
  10. dilbert firestorm wrote:
    > Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >> Charani wrote:

    >>> free-av doesn't support any Win OS below XP. I used to have Anti Vir
    >>> but had to return to AVG because it's the only one that still supports
    >>> all Win OSs. I use Win ME.
    >>>
    >>> I don't think Avast supports anything below XP either.

    >> I'm running Avast on 98SE. This is the free version - the paid-for one
    >> may be different.
    >>

    > hoe well does it handle thunderbird?

    It's never given me any issues with Tbird, either on 98SE or on XP.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 26, 2007
  11. Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > dilbert firestorm wrote:
    >> Nigel Stapley wrote:

    >>> I'm running Avast on 98SE. This is the free version - the paid-for
    >>> one may be different.
    >>>

    >> hoe well does it handle thunderbird?

    > It's never given me any issues with Tbird, either on 98SE or on XP.

    ok, I will take a look at AVAST.

    dilbert firestorm, Dec 27, 2007