Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
    *one with real time protection...

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=, Jul 23, 2005

  2. "Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
    > *one with real time protection...

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Avast works for most(and is free for home use), a shutdown problem for some.
    McAfee and Norton have corporate versions that are x64 compatible. The most
    reasonable eTrust AntiVirus Version 7.1 which can be purchased in OEM
    version

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005
  4. eTrust 7.1 90-day trial:
    you can download a 90 day trial
    http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/ca/site/promo/etrust_promotion.html

    By the way, why do you need it to run specifically as a native 64-bit app if
    its doing its job?

    Also:
    There are several, I belive ClamWin, Avast, Symantec and McAfee have all
    released 64 bit versions along with some others. Computer Associates also
    has a native x64 version of eTrust. There will be more along soon from
    Company's such as Trend Micro and PC Cillin.

    Here are some recommendations:
    Symantec
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=155

    Note: The x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it will not update it's
    signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
    work through proxyservers.
    Avast

    The free one from Avast:

    Update: ESET the company made famous for it's multi-award winning Anti-Virus
    software NOD32 has advised WinBeta.Org that the beta of it's 64Bit
    Anti-Virus product is now available for download.

    NOD32 has risen to prominence over the last 7 years given that according to
    Virus Bulletin it has not missed a single in-the-wild virus since its
    release.
    http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=3054&catid=1
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=

    ponpon.nul Guest

    Gabriel a formulé la demande :
    > what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
    > *one with real time protection...

    fOR ME. THE BEST IS nod32

    Wich is available in beta for free. But works perfectly !

    J0

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net

    ponpon.nul, Jul 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=

    NNBXX Guest

    I agree 100% :)

    NNBXX, Jul 23, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=

    Jimmy! Guest

    Then you could always go out and BUY Symnatec Antivirus Corporate Edition
    V10.0 :) (Can't seem to find a link to it atm)

    JimmY! :D

    Jimmy!, Jul 24, 2005
  8. I am using eTrust AV 7.1 and it is running fine natively in 64bits. I got
    mine from HP. You may be able to find an OEM cd on eBay.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2005