  1. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?
    John Barnes, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Persons have reported the version working great.
    Works better for me than Avast!

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste
    ___
    IT's a very good AV for XP 32bit, I assume that it'll be good on x64 also ;)

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 7, 2005

  3. John Barnes

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:35:27 -0700, "John Barnes" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

    Yep, got it up and running since about a week.
    No problems yet. Only thing is user-interface
    is different from the one in XP32.
    It's not full 64-bit though (see their website).

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 7, 2005
  4. John Barnes wrote:

    > Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

    That'd be NOD64, right? <g>

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 8, 2005
  5. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    NO.

    NOD32 for 64-bit platforms

    May 27,. 2005
    Eset has released a beta version of NOD32 2.5 for Windows XP x64 and
    Windows 2003 x64. To download the beta, click here.

    John Barnes, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Thats a confusing name a for product thats 64 bit and something about it
    just says Norton, I don't know why.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  7. John Barnes

    Just A User Guest

    I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
    and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

    Thanks,

    Just A User, Jun 9, 2005
  8. John Barnes

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:43:17 -0400, "Just A User" <>
    wrote:

    >I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
    >and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

    beta25/beta25

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 9, 2005
  9. John Barnes

    Jason Durbin Guest

    On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:59:34 +0200, Jud Hendrix <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:43:17 -0400, "Just A User" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
    >>and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

    >beta25/beta25

    Or, just be patient and wait for the automatic update to trigger, it
    either doesn't require a password or the password's built in.

    -jd
    j e d @ comcast.net
    Jason Durbin, Jun 9, 2005
  10. John Barnes

    Just A User Guest

    Automatic updates failed without a username and password, but the
    beta25/beta25 worked.
    Thanks...

    Just A User, Jun 9, 2005
  11. John Barnes

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:47:17 -0400, "Just A User" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks...

    YW. It will probably expire when the Beta ends of course.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 9, 2005
  12. John Barnes

    Lynn McGuire Guest

    > Persons have reported the version working great.
    > Works better for me than Avast!

    How do you know that ?

    Lynn
    Lynn McGuire, Jun 9, 2005