    character sets

    Thanks
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQnVzaA==?=, Jul 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQnVzaA==?=

    wewa Guest

    There are a few antivirus solutions, such as avast home edition.

    I have been using that since January, and so far so good. I use PCcillin
    among others, on my 32bit desktops.
    No Norton, thank you.

    Enable asian language support at install or in control panel, just like
    previous xp editions, and that works normally with Mincho and Gothic fonts,
    and the language bar IME as before.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892075

    There is also a CD ISO download of the Japanese MUI, so you can enable Jp
    for all screens, menus, dialog boxes, making x64 100% Japanese native.
    Most excellent.
    http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/ntopic59163.html&sid=f67141484b502b7a7f13a15e0e90fb63

    All of these are covered in earlier posting in this NG...and on google.

    Ja!

    wewa, Jul 30, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQnVzaA==?=

    jackfrost64 Guest

    Re: Anti Virus Support

    Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus version 7.1.192 is x64 compatible and
    if you run a search of the forum using 'antivirus I am sure u will find
    more.

    jackfrost64, Jul 30, 2005
  4. Re: Anti Virus Support

    "jackfrost64" <> wrote in:

    > and if you run a search of the forum using 'antivirus I am sure u will
    > find more.

    I'm one of the first to suggest a search of the forum but unfortunately
    Google doesn't archive this group. I've no idea why? That means searching
    the newsgroup is somewhat limited by the length of time Microsoft servers
    retain posts. Topics discussed a long time back, such as this one, will not
    have all the posts available.

    Question, does anyone know why Google doesn't archive this group? I've
    emailed them but have not received a reply.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 30, 2005
  5. Re: Anti Virus Support

    because that assignment was going to be handled by their new VP and he isn't
    allowed to work yet?

    (sorry, just kidding.)

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 30, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQnVzaA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Anti Virus Support

    And never will unless he gets better results on his appeal.

    John Barnes, Jul 30, 2005
  7. Hey Chris:

    A couple of free antivirus that did a pretty good job for me are AVASt and
    NOD32 beta version for the 64bit apps.
    NODE 32 website is eset.com
    try them out
    --