    should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    Micosev
    MIKE COAD, Aug 6, 2005

  2. MIKE COAD

    Fakename Guest

    Never try to have more than 1 anti-virus program installed at the same
    time.

    Fakename, Aug 6, 2005

  3. MIKE COAD

    Plato Guest

    MIKE COAD wrote:

    > My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
    > replace it with the free AVG software.
    >
    > Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
    > should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

    Uninstall Norton, reboot, then install the new app.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 8, 2005
  4. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > MIKE COAD wrote:
    > >
    > > My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
    > > replace it with the free AVG software.
    > >
    > > Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti

    Virus or
    > > should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

    > Uninstall Norton, reboot, then install the new app.
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Also check out Avast, which is aonther free Anti-Virus.
    Capt. KillaHo, Aug 15, 2005
  5. MIKE COAD wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
    > replace it with the free AVG software.
    >
    > Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
    > should I delete Norton and then install AVG?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.
    >
    > Micosev

    Or, You could continue to download the Norton Anti Virus definitions
    updates manually from the Symantec site
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
    and install the updates manually (intelligent updater), almost
    forever.
    If your purchase of NAV came with a one year live update subscription,
    supposedly you can uninstall NAV (Comletely!! Need to clean up
    all traces of the current NAV from the Registry etc.)
    and then do a fresh installation from the CD.
    Supposedly that gives you a fresh subscription.
    This question/problem keeps getting discussed every so often
    in symantec.customerservice.general

    How good, timely, etc. are the AVG anti virus definitions updates?
    Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj, Aug 29, 2005