    Windows x64 Pro

    Hope that is useful

    Nick

    pwm, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Great recommendation, additional utilities that also work on Windows x64
    include NOD32, AVG, eTrust 7.1, Symantec AV 10
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Dec 28, 2005

  3. pwm

    Ruud Guest

    Yes, I've heard that AVG works on Wx64, but I've tried it and it doesn't
    seem to. Do you have proof (red. link) that it does?
    Avast and NOD do work, I've noticed...

    Ruud, Dec 28, 2005
  4. pwm

    John Barnes Guest

    This is why I keep a virus on a floppy to test any changes or new A/V. A
    good A/V will warn when you hover the cursor over the drive.

    John Barnes, Dec 28, 2005
  5. http://www.grisoft.com/doc/366/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

    Note that I don't think x64 support has made its way into the free version,
    just the paid (but no overpriced by any means) version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 28, 2005
  6. pwm

    Martijn Saly Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > http://www.grisoft.com/doc/366/lng/us/tpl/tpl01
    >
    > Note that I don't think x64 support has made its way into the free version,
    > just the paid (but no overpriced by any means) version.

    Always bad to hear... in many cases, it costs more effort to disable the x64
    features in some edition, than to develop them in the first place :)

    --
    Thanks,

    Martijn Saly

    Martijn Saly, Dec 28, 2005
  7. We are running McAffee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 here and it works great.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFyb2QgQ3VtbWluZ3M=?=, Dec 28, 2005
  8. The free edition tends to trail the professional version by a couple of
    iterations. Hardly surprising. They ARE in the business of selling software.
    That they provide a free version at all is a plus, IMHO.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 29, 2005