    the facility and report their findings.

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jul 5, 2009

  2. ~BD~

    Peter Foldes Guest

    More detail:-

    RELEASE NOTES

    Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac (Beta):

    Distributive:
    http://data2.kaspersky.com:8080/Distr/mac/...0Anti-Virus.dmg
    Key file for beta version:
    http://data2.kaspersky.com:8080/Distr/mac/05CFFF7B.key

    Build 8.0.0.255 (5.06.2009)

    Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac protects home users of Apple
    Macintosh-based computers against malware.

    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

    The minimum system requirements for proper functioning of Kaspersky
    Anti-Virus for Mac are as follows:

    Mac-based computer with Intel processor
    512 MB RAM
    100 MB available hard drive space
    CD-ROM (for installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac from installation
    CD)
    Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5 operating systems

    INSTALLATION

    WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS FOR MAC

    New in protection:

    - Kaspersky Anti-Virus is developed based on an enhanced anti-virus
    kernel that has a high efficiency in malware detection
    - File scan runs automatically in real-time mode or by user's demand
    - Automatic updating of application databases
    - New in the application interface:

    - The application interface is designed in Mac style, with the use of
    principles and agreements developed for this platform, thus making the
    use of Kaspersky Anti-Virus more convenient to Mac users
    - Kaspersky Anti-Virus integrates the security assistant which allows
    the user to solve all security problems in a single window on his or her
    computer

    MAIN KNOWN ISSUES

    - If the application settings are blocked from custom changes, the help
    button in the settings window is inoperable.
    - When restoring a file from Quarantine or Backup, file loses the access
    rights it had when it was added. To access the file, you should set the
    rights manually under an administrator's account.
    - When adding Kaspersky Anti-Virus into Firewall integrated in Mac OS X
    10.5, the application cannot be started. To solve this problem, you
    should reinstall the application.
    - In certain report windows, pop-up hints are displayed incorrectly.
    - When installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac together with Kaspersky
    Anti-Virus for Windows installed on Parallels virtual machine, both
    anti-virus applications start at the operating system's startup. To
    solve this problem, you should remove or rename the application bundle
    automatically created by Parallels for Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows.

    ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION

    Forum: http://forum.kaspersky.com

    © Kaspersky Lab 1997-2009
    Peter Foldes, Jul 6, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    You may believe it or not, but that was a mistake on my part and was
    *not* intended. I had meant to post in my own name.

    I apologise unreservedly.

    For the benefit of newbies who might be reading here, David, please
    explain how you *knew* it was me posting, not Peter - and just what
    caused you to check message headers in this particular instance. Thanks.
    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 7, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Hand duly smacked! Sorry.

    ~BD~, Jul 7, 2009
  5. ~BD~

    1PW Guest

    Reprehensible Personal Behavior

    This goes well beyond nym shifting.

    No creditable explanation exists.

    This is a disgusting action!

    Pete
    1PW, Jul 7, 2009
  6. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    I've been chastised many times for changing the 'subject' of a thread
    mid-way through - there is *no* excuse for you doing so on this
    occasion, 1PW.

    Without a proper response as to *why* David H. Lipman checked the
    message properties of the post I made - mistakenly and unintentionally -
    with the posting name of Peter Foldes, neither he, nor you, will have
    credibility in this newsgroup.

    The information posted was provided by Kaspersky and, AFAICT is bona
    fide. Is anyone questioning the information posted?

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jul 8, 2009
  7. ~BD~

    1PW Guest

    .

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > I've been chastised many times for changing the 'subject' of a thread
    > mid-way through - there is *no* excuse for you doing so on this
    > occasion, 1PW.

    You are deflecting. When the threads of others are stolen, you should
    be corrected. Your recent misdeed certainly warranted it.

    > Without a proper response as to *why* David H. Lipman checked the
    > message properties of the post I made - mistakenly and unintentionally -
    > with the posting name of Peter Foldes, neither he, nor you, will have
    > credibility in this newsgroup.

    When you click on that "Send" button, you are totally responsible for
    every bit of that message's content.

    You are deflecting. I believe David, Peter and I can successfully
    match our individual or collective credibility in /any/ newsgroup.
    The fact that anyone at anytime seeks to validate the origins of post
    of another does not bring dishonor or suspicion upon them. It is a
    laudable practice.

    > The information posted was provided by Kaspersky and, AFAICT is bona
    > fide. Is anyone questioning the information posted?
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Hello Dave:

    Your public lapses in good judgment perhaps /could/ be attributed to
    the overuse of alcohol as you may have hinted. If this is the case
    Dave, please get help. Your poor behavior dishonors you, but can and
    would be forgiven with hard work on your part.

    I do feel the shame of your misdeeds. I will pray for you Dave.

    Pete
    --
    1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
    1PW, Jul 8, 2009
  8. ~BD~

    Todd H. Guest

    "~BD~" <> writes:

    > I've been chastised many times for changing the 'subject' of a thread
    > mid-way through - there is *no* excuse for you doing so on this
    > occasion, 1PW.
    >
    > Without a proper response as to *why* David H. Lipman checked the
    > message properties of the post I made - mistakenly and unintentionally -
    > with the posting name of Peter Foldes, neither he, nor you, will have
    > credibility in this newsgroup.

    Dave, I don't think the burden of credibility is on either of them.
    Depending on how one reads news, the headers that gave you away
    weren't headers at all--it's your posting style of just pasting
    privately received emails here without any introductory comments that
    surely drew suspicion, and sure enough a quick header check showed a
    pattern that matched all your prior postings. David Lipman need not
    explain himself. 1PW's assessment of such behavior (forging posts
    impersonating someone else) is entirely justified as well.

    Why or how the heck you "mistakenly" forged a posting as Peter Foldes
    will keep you on the suspicion list for everyone probably in
    perpetuity. It's also why you won't receive a response to the private email you
    sent me.

    It takes a bit of effort to "mistakenly" change your posting address
    in your newreader, so you'll forgive anyone who has a hard time
    accepting the "oops" explanation you've offered.

    --
    Todd H.
    Todd H., Jul 8, 2009
  9. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Todd H." <> wrote in message
    > "~BD~" <> writes:
    >
    >> I've been chastised many times for changing the 'subject' of a
    >> thread
    >> mid-way through - there is *no* excuse for you doing so on this
    >> occasion, 1PW.
    >>
    >> Without a proper response as to *why* David H. Lipman checked the
    >> message properties of the post I made - mistakenly and
    >> unintentionally -
    >> with the posting name of Peter Foldes, neither he, nor you, will have
    >> credibility in this newsgroup.

    > Dave, I don't think the burden of credibility is on either of them.
    > Depending on how one reads news, the headers that gave you away
    > weren't headers at all--it's your posting style of just pasting
    > privately received emails here without any introductory comments that
    > surely drew suspicion, and sure enough a quick header check showed a
    > pattern that matched all your prior postings. David Lipman need not
    > explain himself. 1PW's assessment of such behavior (forging posts
    > impersonating someone else) is entirely justified as well.
    >
    > Why or how the heck you "mistakenly" forged a posting as Peter Foldes
    > will keep you on the suspicion list for everyone probably in
    > perpetuity. It's also why you won't receive a response to the
    > private email you
    > sent me.
    >
    > It takes a bit of effort to "mistakenly" change your posting address
    > in your newreader, so you'll forgive anyone who has a hard time
    > accepting the "oops" explanation you've offered.
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.

    I'll not make excuses, Todd.

    I usually use Eternal-September for posting on this group. On the
    occasion in question I mistakenly posted from the aoie server (which I
    had previously used experimentally - set up with Mr Foldes name).

    He says he can track my movements anywhere on the Internet, regardless
    of my IP address - and has a record of every post I have made for the
    last four years. He has not explained *why*. That truly
    concerns/interests me.

    I had no wish or intention of annoying folk on *this* group. I am sorry
    for so doing.
    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jul 8, 2009
  10. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Re: .

    "1PW" <> wrote in message

    I will pray for you Dave.

    > Pete
    > --
    > 1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

    Thank you, Pete. :)

    My actions are guided by His hand by the way.
    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jul 8, 2009
  11. ~BD~

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Hi guys
    So interesting ,but what about me for protecting mac i use ProteMac NetMine.It’s really good tool.It’s must be helpful to everyone.
    :star:
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Williams, Jan 14, 2010