    any other programs that offer a free trial?
    Thanks.
    ntss
    notthesamesam, Sep 15, 2003

  2. notthesamesam

    Boomer Guest

    notthesamesam said:

    > A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots
    > of email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My
    > antivirus program found nothing, but I wanted to download
    > anti-trojan software to be sure. Someone recommended the trial
    > version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I downloaded it today,
    > but it says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there any other
    > programs that offer a free trial? Thanks.
    > ntss

    Check out a few of these freewares:

    Check for updates weekly and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware
    Boomer, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Thanks Boomer!
    ntss

    notthesamesam, Sep 15, 2003
  4. notthesamesam

    Boomer Guest

    notthesamesam said:

    > Thanks Boomer!
    > ntss

    You're welcome. :)

    Boomer, Sep 15, 2003
  5. notthesamesam

    °Mike° Guest

    The Cleaner SUCKS. Avoid it, and use something else.

    Online Antitrojan scanner:
    ----------------------
    http://www.trojanscan.com/

    Anti-trojan programs:
    ----------------------
    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Defence Suite (TDS-3)
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Tauscan
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:13:03 GMT, in
    <jyl9b.463507$o%2.204911@sccrnsc02>
    notthesamesam scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 15, 2003
  6. "notthesamesam" <> writes:

    > A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots of
    > email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My
    > antivirus program found nothing, but I wanted to download
    > anti-trojan software to be sure. Someone recommended the trial
    > version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I downloaded it today, but it
    > says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there any other programs
    > that offer a free trial? Thanks. ntss

    Trojan Hunter, from http://www.misec.net offers a 30-day trial. It is
    an outstanding piece of anti-trojan software, and well worth its low
    cost, after the 30 days are up. I must stress that my only connexion
    with TH is as a very satisfied customer and beta-tester, I have no
    financial interest in the app. Whatever you decide, I would strongly
    ecommend getting anti-trojan software and not relying solely on the
    anti-spyware app.s recommended by Boomer. Good though they are, you
    really will be better protected by also having a decent AT app. Also,
    the Cleaner is a useless piece of shite, or rather, it aspires to
    improve to the level of being a useless piece of shite one day.

    --
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html
    Max Quordlepleen, Sep 16, 2003