    what I understand, I don't need Spybot/SpywareBlaster if I have Adware.

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Steve Freides

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr, Mar 3, 2008

  3. Steve Freides

    catchme Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Steve Freides wrote:
    >> I've been running Spybot and Spyware Blaster for years. I recently
    >> added AdWareAlert.
    >>
    >> Any comments on whether AdWareAlert is better/worse/no_different?
    >> From what I understand, I don't need Spybot/SpywareBlaster if I have
    >> Adware.

    > http://www.2-spyware.com/review-adwarealert.html
    > http://tinyurl.com/2v8cf3
    > http://tinyurl.com/3bvl32

    try SpyEraser, and ThreatFire.

    ThreatFire is more active, because it immediately flags and reports
    behaviour of certain applications that are suspect.
    I know of someone who has veoh installed on their computer, and even
    when none of its processes were running, threatfire popped up to warn
    that veoh was logging key entries.
    So, meh- threatfire is on my machine.
    spysweeper is standard commercial ware, i recieved a free subscription
    with this computer.
    Later i paid to renew it, but it hasnt done much for me.
    SpyEraser found many more threats, and warns less frequently than
    threatfire but still better than spysweeper.
    spybot s&d has caused me some speed issues, so i dont run it.
    for web browsing i have firefox set to auto-delete my history, cache,
    cookies at the end of every session, am running noscript (enables me to
    whitelist or revoke on the fly, certain scripts for each website, and to
    view which scripts and resources are running),
    and keyscrambler plugins (useful for fooling keyloggers' apps. on sites-
    even those which you think are secure)

    catchme, Mar 3, 2008
  4. Steve Freides

    Axen Guest

    On Mar 3, 11:04 am, "Steve Freides" <> wrote:
    > I've been running Spybot and Spyware Blaster for years.  I recently
    > added AdWareAlert.
    >
    > Any comments on whether AdWareAlert is better/worse/no_different?  From
    > what I understand, I don't need Spybot/SpywareBlaster if I have Adware.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > -S-

    this link I came across a while back has some good info
    http://users.tpg.com.au/rgb05/

    Axen, Mar 3, 2008
  5. Steve Freides

    Buffalo Guest

    Steve Freides wrote:
    > I've been running Spybot and Spyware Blaster for years. I recently
    > added AdWareAlert.
    >
    > Any comments on whether AdWareAlert is better/worse/no_different?
    > From what I understand, I don't need Spybot/SpywareBlaster if I have
    > Adware.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > -S-

    After reading Roger's links, it looks like you may have just thrown $20 out
    the window.
    I use SuperAntiSpyware and the free version is just as powerful as the paid
    version. The main difference is that the free version doesn't offer
    automatic updates and is only on-demand while the paid version is real-time
    protection.
    It can be found at the site which is its name and adding .com .
    You should keep SpyWareBlaster which stops most spyware from ever getting on
    your computer in the first place.
    ScriptSentry is another good free program.
    http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/programs.asp?Program=Script Sentry

    Buffalo, Mar 3, 2008