anti-spyware and virus protection

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    "Jimi" <> wrote:

    > I am soooooooooooo done with Norton . I would appreciate any info on
    >the free stuff....I mean...nothing is "Free" anymore so there must be a
    >catch to downloading "free" spyware, malware etc.... any web pages with free
    >downloads would be much appreciated....Jimi

    Download and install spybot
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html you use it to scan for
    adware.

    But it comes with a resident program called TeaTimer, this program
    tells you anytime something want's to write itself to the registry -
    this is one of the better programs to stop malware from installing
    itself, and it only uses 5K of memory in the process.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html

    --
    Transit of Mercury
    Live from Kitt Peak, Arizona

    , Nov 8, 2006

    Jimi, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Guest

    , Nov 8, 2006
  4. old man Guest

    AVG free AV, no catch
    SpyBot & Adaware, free malaware Apps, no catch
    MS Windows Defender, free malaware App from MS, currently in beta

    old man, Nov 8, 2006