Anti-Executable

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by vincent price, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Is there someone who knows Anti-Executable (Faronics)?
    vincent price, Jul 5, 2006

  2. vincent price wrote:
    > Is there someone who knows Anti-Executable (Faronics)?

    From their website:
    | Compatible with Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP

    That's where I stopped reading. This software is superfluos on Windows XP.

    OK, I read further:

    | Provides password protection for complete security

    Ouch!

    Beside that, they don't tell a word about the general problem of trusted
    executables being scriptable (oh, that VBScript on the website deletes
    files?), enforcement points (what does it do if some MS Office Macro
    invokes LoadLibraryEx()?) or malicious intent (yes, explorer.exe allows
    an interactive user to delete files).
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Jul 5, 2006