    3.4ghz CPU in it when running? 1 gig dual layer ram if that makes a
    difference. Looked through the motherboard book and no help there.

    Just curious. Thanks.

    Unknown, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Unknown

    Thor Guest

    you aren't going to get very accurate readings unless you get the sensor as
    near the CPU core as possible. This means you need to get the flat sensor
    sandwiched in between the heatsink, and the CPU package. Not between the
    core itself and the heatsink (obviously), but slip it under there adjacent
    to the core and under the heatsink. The harddrive is a tough one. I'm not
    sure where would be the optimum placement for that. Harddrives usually have
    their own internal temperature sensors. Applications like Speedfan can read
    this temp. I'd say, experiment with placement of the sensor, and try to get
    as close to the harddrive's own readings of possible. In the end, you may
    never get the meaningful readings from that. You could use the second sensor
    merely as an ambient case temp sensor instead, judging the overall
    temperature condition of the case. That can translate directly to how easily
    components like the CPU and harddrive can remain at safe temperature levels.
    If the case temp rises, you can bet that the component temps will rise as
    well.

    "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    > Just got one of these cases today and shoved stuff in it. Bloody beautiful
    > case.
    >
    > The question though - it has a temp sensor display on the outside of the
    > case that has two internal wires with sensors on them. I decided to attach
    > one to the motherboard heat sink and generally "put" one near the hard
    > drives. The display flicks, every 3 seconds, from one reading to the

    other.

    Thor, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Unknown

    Rv! Guest

    My case also has one of these basic sensors.
    I stuck it on top of the 120Gb Maxtor HDD with
    a little Gaffa tape (2cm square) and it sat fine.
    Typical reading is 27C - 33C depending on weather.
    It was reading about 8-10c higher until I fitted a
    side case fan.

    Rv!

    Rv!, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Unknown

    Unknown Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    > My case also has one of these basic sensors.
    > I stuck it on top of the 120Gb Maxtor HDD with
    > a little Gaffa tape (2cm square) and it sat fine.
    > Typical reading is 27C - 33C depending on weather.
    > It was reading about 8-10c higher until I fitted a
    > side case fan.
    >
    > Rv!

    Thanks for the info. The P160 definitely is a beautiful case!

    Unknown, Jun 18, 2004