Answers on practice exams wrong? questions inside

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Wingnut, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. Wingnut

    Wingnut Guest

    I am studying for the AD Design exam 70-297 and I have a couple
    practice exams here that I think are way off on a couple of thier
    questions and I wanted to ask here to verify that. You will not have
    the scenario but I think its pretty obvious without it.
    ----------------------------------
    First one -

    They want you to design a strategy for migrating an internal network,
    in the scenario the internal and external networks are isolated
    (separate forests) and the current internal is a win2000 domain that
    was hashed together so needs to be completely redone. Thier steps are:

    1)Create pristine forest
    2)Establish an external trust
    3)change the domain functional Level
    4)Migrate Computer accounts
    5)Migrate user accounts

    First off...to create an external forest trust you must raise the
    domain functional level and then raise the forest functional level both

    to 2003 correct? So my thinking it would be errant to say that you can

    create the external trust before changing the functional level since
    2003 installs at a default of 2000-mixed. Is that correct?

    Also Everywhere else I have read that you migrate users first, and then

    computers and other objects, here they are saying computers first then
    users? Is this wrong also?
    ----------------------------------

    Second-

    Question says you are designing the configuration of the external DNS
    server to meet the business and technical requirements. The
    requirements are that the external can not resolve anything on the
    internal network. Internal must be able to resolve internal and
    external. Also states that the name resolution of internet based
    resources should be done in such a way to as to not generate excessive
    and unneccesary traffic, which basically says disable recursion and use

    a forwarder to ISP's DNS because if you use the default root hints it
    will generate more traffic than forwarding.

    The possible answers are
    A) Configure a root zone on the external DNS server
    B) configure a stub zone for .com on the external dns server
    C) configure the external dns server to use default root hints
    D)configure the external DNS server to use the ISP's DNS server as a
    forwarder.

    Obviously I answered D, however it is saying the correct answer is to
    configure a root zone and gives no explaination. A root zone for a 2
    forest 2 domain network would be excessive in itself and overcomplicate

    administration, you are only supposed to use a root zone in situations
    where the networks are complicated with many zones and a deep tree
    which is not the case in this one. Am I correct in saying that D
    should be the correct answer?

    ----------------------------------

    Third and last question

    It states you need to identify the types of inbound traffic to be
    allowed through the perimeter firewall. In the scenario there is a
    perimeter firewall that is connected to the internet and the external
    network, on the external network is the external forest which contains
    web, vpn, dns servers etc, there is then an internal firewall that is
    connected to the external network and the internal network. The VPN
    server has a direct connection to the internal network, bypassing the
    firewall. You are supposed to specify which services should be allowed

    while maintaining the security fo the network.

    The options are
    VPN, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, HTTPS, Traffic from network address of
    192.168.10/24

    They are saying you should allow - VPN, LDAP, HTTP and HTTPS

    I disagree that LDAP should be allowed in from the internet because
    that would not maintain security at all! I also argue that DNS should
    be allowed in otherwise nothing will be able to be resolved from the
    internet on the external network.

    Thoughts?

    Thanks very much for your comments and thoughts, I hate these practice
    exams that are poorly edited and contain errors. For refernece I am
    using the exams from Actualtests.com version 9.22.06.

    Thanks!
    Wingnut, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wingnut" <> say in

    > For refernece I am
    > using the exams from Actualtests.com version 9.22.06.

    you sir are an A$$Fscker...

    what's that? you say the cheat materials that you have are in error? THE
    DEVIL, YOU SAY! Well then, let's fix this. Please send this post iwth your
    real name, MCP ID and other related info to . They
    should be able to strighten you out...hopefully with an anvil.

    It's been a while so I will start with the "A"

    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Mst tg lns need 2/B abrvtd.
    Neil, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >It's been a while so I will start with the "A"

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:#bD8SMd
    $:

    >> It's been a while so I will start with the "A"

    timing, it's all about timing

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Consult with a real expert - Call your mother.
    Neil, Nov 1, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "Wingnut" <> wrote in message

    > For refernece I am
    > using the exams from Actualtests.com version 9.22.06.

    And you wonder why the practice exams are WRONG? WTF are you thinking.

    Get off the dumps and get some REAL experience.

    --
    CertGuard
    You think you know IT!
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 1, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 1, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 1, 2006
  9. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> say in news:OW0JkRd$GHA.204
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > S S

    F U C
    K E R !

    it's a pyramid of retribution! very styish...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Get the facts first - we can distort them later.
    Neil, Nov 1, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> S S

    > F U C
    >K E R !
    >
    >it's a pyramid of retribution! very styish...

    give yourself a cookie

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 1, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    Guest Guest

    > did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> say in news:OW0JkRd$GHA.204
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >

    > it's a pyramid of retribution! very styish...

    Damn, I thought it was a Bowling Alley.

    .
    . .
    . . .
    . . . .
    _________
    A S
    U C F
    K R ! E
    Guest, Nov 1, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    > give yourself a cookie

    HEY! I just cleared those things out...friggin tracking cookies...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - First draw the curve, *then* plot the data.
    Neil, Nov 1, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear <CertGuard> say in news::

    >> did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> say in news:OW0JkRd$GHA.204
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >>

    >> it's a pyramid of retribution! very styish...

    > Damn, I thought it was a Bowling Alley.
    >

    > .
    > . .
    > . . .
    > . . . .
    > _________
    > A S
    > U C F
    > K R ! E

    FOR THE LOVE OF...

    do you have a pin boy to pick those up? I AM NOT STRIGHTENING THOSE UP
    MYSELF YOU KNOW!!!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Did you expect to find words of wisdom here?
    Neil, Nov 1, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    CBIC Guest

    "Wingnut" <> wrote in message

    <A.S.S.F.U.C.K.I.N.E.S.S. snipped>

    Man , did you come to the wrong place and fail to read some previous posts.
    CBIC, Nov 1, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    > FOR THE LOVE OF...
    >
    > do you have a pin boy to pick those up? I AM NOT STRIGHTENING THOSE UP
    > MYSELF YOU KNOW!!!

    Oops! Uhhhh.....no.
    BD[MCNGP], Nov 1, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    Consultant Guest

    hi wingnut,

    sorry for all the negativity you are getting from your post. the correct
    answer is c. sometimes, folks lose site of the big picture and that is to
    help out their fellow man. on behalf of the faceless fools mocking you, i
    extend a heart apology and wish you success on your fast track to your mcse.

    Consultant, Nov 1, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >hi wingnut,
    >
    >sorry for all the negativity you are getting from your post. the correct
    >answer is c. sometimes, folks lose site of the big picture and that is to
    >help out their fellow man. on behalf of the faceless fools mocking you, i
    >extend a heart apology and wish you success on your fast track to your mcse.

    Paisley, Is that you?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 1, 2006
  18. Wingnut

    Consultant Guest

    no, its me, norman

    Consultant, Nov 1, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    Wingnut Guest

    Re: Answers on practice exams wrong? questions inside

    Consultant wrote:
    > no, its me, norman
    >
    > "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > > >hi wingnut,
    > >>
    > >>sorry for all the negativity you are getting from your post. the correct
    > >>answer is c. sometimes, folks lose site of the big picture and that is to
    > >>help out their fellow man. on behalf of the faceless fools mocking you, i
    > >>extend a heart apology and wish you success on your fast track to your
    > >>mcse.

    > > Paisley, Is that you?
    > >
    > > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Holy Jesus F'kin Christ.... So much for turning to people for insight.
    For one I didnt know these were "cheat" materials any more than
    Trancender or anything else is. I have been studying for this exam for
    3 weeks now using this and many other things including the courseware,
    Exam Cram books, Transcender and this so back it down gee.

    And if this is some kind of "dump" or whatever you are talking about if
    you actually read what I wrote you would see I am trying to understand
    concepts and figure things out and explaining exactly why I think the
    answer is what I say it should be. This is to show that I am not a
    moron and am actually thinking about what I am doing. So why dont you
    give it a rest and if you are not going to offer some sort of
    assistance or insight go find something else useless to do at your
    useless job.

    Much regards to any of you who have actually said anything of value.
    Wingnut, Nov 1, 2006
  20. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Wingnut" <> wrote in message

    > Consultant wrote:
    >> no, its me, norman
    >>
    >> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message

    >> > Paisley, Is that you?
    >> >
    >> > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    > Holy Jesus F'kin Christ.... So much for turning to people for insight.
    > For one I didnt know these were "cheat" materials any more than
    > Trancender or anything else is. I have been studying for this exam for
    > 3 weeks now using this and many other things including the courseware,
    > Exam Cram books, Transcender and this so back it down gee.
    >
    > And if this is some kind of "dump" or whatever you are talking about if
    > you actually read what I wrote you would see I am trying to understand
    > concepts and figure things out and explaining exactly why I think the
    > answer is what I say it should be. This is to show that I am not a
    > moron and am actually thinking about what I am doing. So why dont you
    > give it a rest and if you are not going to offer some sort of
    > assistance or insight go find something else useless to do at your
    > useless job.
    >
    > Much regards to any of you who have actually said anything of value.

    The thing that was said to you of value was that you are using cheating
    material to study with. What you do with that new-found knowledge is
    anyone's guess. Personally, I think you owe some people a big "thank you"
    for helping you to potentially avoid getting any and all certifications you
    have, or may be getting, revoked.

    Next time, it might pay to lurk a bit before you jump into the pool stark
    nekkid.
    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2006