"Answer" file and "UDF" file

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Tmack, May 11, 2005.

  1. Tmack

    Tmack Guest

    I'm working my way through the Sybex prep book and in one chart (pg.
    19 if anyone has the text) it discusses "answer" files and
    "UDF" files. The table tells which has precedent when one has a key
    and value set and the other doesn't.

    My question is (this is what the table looks like):

    Answer File UDF Result

    Key not specified Key and value Value in UDF used
    specified

    Section and/or key Key and value Section and/or key
    not specified specified created and used by setup

    What's the difference? Both say under the Answer file that the key is
    not specified and the key is specified in the UDF but the first one
    says that the UDF is used and the second says the "Section and/or key
    created used by setup".

    What gives?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tmack, May 11, 2005