    at 80-200 ISO. With pixel densities near 40 million per cubic
    centimeter (DSLRs have densities of around 1.57-5(!!) per cu/cm) it's
    no wonder this is happening.
    Rich, Jan 1, 2009

  2. Rich

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > Amateur Photography mag tested the Canon G10 and they pronounced that
    > its noise was low at lower ISOs. However, if you look at the
    > resolution charts for it and compare them to a DSLR, you'll noticed
    > that the lines cropped from the resolution targets are very rough
    > looking, indicating that some kind of noise is harming the image, even
    > at 80-200 ISO. With pixel densities near 40 million per cubic
    > centimeter (DSLRs have densities of around 1.57-5(!!) per cu/cm) it's
    > no wonder this is happening.

    This is another weird thing you have just noticed? Get with the program.

    And did Canon go Foveon with the G10? Wow.
    (If not, why did you refer to its pixel density in pixels per *cubic*
    cm? Most cameras have their pixels arranged in an x-y matrix, rather
    than x-y-z...)
    Mark Thomas, Jan 1, 2009

  3. Rich

    nospam Guest

    In article <gjh524$i1c$>, Mark Thomas
    <markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com> wrote:

    > Rich wrote:
    > > Amateur Photography mag tested the Canon G10 and they pronounced that
    > > its noise was low at lower ISOs. However, if you look at the
    > > resolution charts for it and compare them to a DSLR, you'll noticed
    > > that the lines cropped from the resolution targets are very rough
    > > looking, indicating that some kind of noise is harming the image, even
    > > at 80-200 ISO. With pixel densities near 40 million per cubic
    > > centimeter (DSLRs have densities of around 1.57-5(!!) per cu/cm) it's
    > > no wonder this is happening.

    > This is another weird thing you have just noticed? Get with the program.
    >
    > And did Canon go Foveon with the G10? Wow.
    > (If not, why did you refer to its pixel density in pixels per *cubic*
    > cm? Most cameras have their pixels arranged in an x-y matrix, rather
    > than x-y-z...)

    the thickness of a foveon sensor is microns and not really any
    different than other sensors.
    nospam, Jan 1, 2009