    Within the past two weeks this has stopped working for me. I have not changed any settings or registry stuff.

    It just means I need to click the "Watch in YouTube" button and be taken there to watch the posted video.
    , Dec 8, 2012

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > As you all know many websites, including news sites and Facebook, allow you to view videos just by clicking the play arrow in them.
    >
    > Within the past two weeks this has stopped working for me. I have not changed any settings or registry stuff.
    >
    > It just means I need to click the "Watch in YouTube" button and be taken there to watch the posted video.

    Maybe a Windows Update changed a setting.

    Since there have been cross-site exploits in the past, browsers
    have lots of little settings that control what happens when a
    web page tries to redirect you to another site. It could be,
    if Windows Update had a security update for Internet Explorer,
    your Internet Explorer settings got changed somehow. Even
    if you use Firefox, as far as I know, modern versions of
    Firefox, consult the Internet Explorer settings, when it
    comes to security issues.

    I find the Internet Explorer security settings, to be
    just about impossible to understand. There are so many
    of them, and they all look alike. If something breaks,
    it takes me half the day to figure out which one
    of those it might be related to.

    Your browser add-ons, like NoScript or AdBlock, can also
    influence what you see on the screen.

    Browsers are just way too complicated.

    Paul
    Paul, Dec 8, 2012