    http://www.water-rower.co.uk - Uk's leading WaterRower retailer
    http://www.fitness-equipment-uk.net - Fitness Equipment at sale prices
    http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk/sitemap.html - Here is where it all starts!

    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
    > Does anyone experience "busy" tones first thing in the morning (08:00
    > onwards) ?
    >
    > I was trying to phone the local doctors surgery this morning....
    > wait... it's a relevant factor....
    >
    > If you haven't tried phoning of late, all the doctors numbers have
    > been changed to 08444 numbers. There was no-way I could get through
    > using voipcheap.com but my voipfone account went through without
    > hesitation.
    > Is it a number thing or a network thing I am wondering.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Pete

    Could be a number thing.

    Although our doctors have changed to an 0845 number, I still use the
    0121 number, and often ring from 08:00 onwards, granted I do get busy
    tones from time to time, but that is due to others calling in, when I
    try from other lines it is the same. I do use the phone to call other
    numbers at around that time, and never have a problem.

    I know with VoIP Stunt I can't call 0871 numbers. For me not a problem
    as I avoid using 084x or 087x numbers. Have to admit I've not tried
    calling an 0844 number.

    Do you not remember the old geographic number you used to use to call
    the doctor, does that not still work?

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

    DGB Guest

    Yes - I've had the same problem. My doctor changed to 0844, and I found I
    couldn't get through on Sipgate, 1899 or on my mobile. I had to use my NTL
    line, for the first time in months, which was a real pain.

    Worse still I found that ringing the old geographic number resulted in a
    message saying that the number had been changed, and to dial 0844. Not so
    bad until I got my itemised bill and found I had been charged for that call
    too! I'd tried the old geographic fax line too, and exactly the same thing
    happened there.

    I complained to the GP's practice manager, to no avail - I was told that
    they had gone to the new provider "to give better service"!

    --
    Don

    In news:vBhAh.11065$,
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> typed:

    DGB, Feb 13, 2007
  4. DGB wrote:
    > Yes - I've had the same problem. My doctor changed to 0844, and I found I
    > couldn't get through on Sipgate, 1899 or on my mobile. I had to use my NTL
    > line, for the first time in months, which was a real pain.
    >
    > Worse still I found that ringing the old geographic number resulted in a
    > message saying that the number had been changed, and to dial 0844. Not so
    > bad until I got my itemised bill and found I had been charged for that call
    > too! I'd tried the old geographic fax line too, and exactly the same thing
    > happened there.
    >
    > I complained to the GP's practice manager, to no avail - I was told that
    > they had gone to the new provider "to give better service"!

    Yep. Same recorded message.
    No geo. number.

    I have now set up all 08 numbers from home to dial using the business
    voipfone account just to be on the safe side.
    Actual connection to doctors gets an automated quing system so I knew
    voipchaep.com just wasn't getting through.

    --
    http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Gym Equipment,Fitness Equipment,Supplements

    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Feb 13, 2007