    modem router.

    Now my daughter wants her own VOIP number. Can I use my BT talk and
    another VOIP service using my existing Voyager Modem?

    Custard, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Custard

    TheFug Guest

    Custard schreef:
    > I've got BT broadband with BT talk through a Voyager 2500V wireless
    > modem router.
    >
    > Now my daughter wants her own VOIP number. Can I use my BT talk and
    > another VOIP service using my existing Voyager Modem?

    Ask BT :)

    But, ...try this with a softphone, on her wireless (pc) connection,
    otherwise a second, (wired) ATA
    Does BT have dedicated BT ng's on it's server ? ask (BT) users there...

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )

    TheFug, Feb 13, 2008

  3. Custard

    Martin² Guest

    Custard:
    >Can I use my BT talk and another VOIP service using my existing Voyager
    >Modem?

    BT's routers are locked to BT. You can replace the firmware, at least on
    some of them, but then you lose the VoIP altogether ! You could try an ATA,
    but you may have problem with forwarding ports and one way audio.
    Best solution is to get proper VoIP router, Draytek, FritzBox, Zyxel, ZoomX5
    etc. and ditch the expensive BT talk !
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Feb 14, 2008