Another use for digi camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by borge, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. borge

    borge Guest

    So my wife gets the idea that a bathroom need doing up. It has anoyed
    me for some time that a couple of tiles have been stuck on edgeways on
    the step into the shower area . The edge was just the dirty brown of
    which tiles are made - no glazing. Therefore the tiler has applied a
    lick of paint to make the edge look reasonable but it has now worn
    off.

    New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
    Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
    comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
    grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
    will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

    You will say that I could have guessed that but what if the colour had
    been a little more difficult. Just an idea.
    For your information, my stats are:
    Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1 Gb memory,ADSL
    80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    Borge Pedersen :)
    Perth, Australia
    mailto:
    remove SPAM for email

    borge, Jul 26, 2003

  2. borge

    > Guest

    Nice use of the digicam.

    Only problem is the auto-white balance will give you an inaccurate colour
    reading of the tile, there might be more yellow in it than you suspect.

    Perhaps you could call the tiler and ask what he used to touch up the tiles,
    that would give you an opportunity to complain, in a polite manner of
    course.

    --
    Tony

    Remove the .fish after .com to reply
    --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    "borge" <> wrote in message
    > So my wife gets the idea that a bathroom need doing up. It has anoyed
    > me for some time that a couple of tiles have been stuck on edgeways on
    > the step into the shower area . The edge was just the dirty brown of
    > which tiles are made - no glazing. Therefore the tiler has applied a
    > lick of paint to make the edge look reasonable but it has now worn
    > off.
    >
    > New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
    > Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
    > comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
    > grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
    > will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.
    >
    > You will say that I could have guessed that but what if the colour had
    > been a little more difficult. Just an idea.
    > For your information, my stats are:
    > Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    > 1 Gb memory,ADSL
    > 80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    > Borge Pedersen :)
    > Perth, Australia
    > mailto:
    > remove SPAM for email

    >, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Here is the solution the tiller should have used.

    http://www.nmbuilder.com/greenbathtile.html

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 26, 2003
  4. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Here is the solution the tiller should have used.
    >
    > http://www.nmbuilder.com/greenbathtile.html

    Is that your own bathroom ? Love the green vanity unit and the floor but the
    wall tiles are abit much for my taste.

    I've just painted the miles of tiles in my bathroom (with ceramic tile paint
    of course) - the bath suite is brown (ig ! - but the bath is so huge that to
    replace it would cost me way more than I can afford, it's a real luxury tub
    and I love it too much to get a smaller cheaper one) and so were the tiles
    (ugggh !!!) - so I just painted them white. Perhaps I should have taken some
    shots first then photoshopped the tiles in different colours to see what
    looked best. Though I suspect it would have still turned out that white was
    the way to go.

    Anyhoo, - on uses for digital cameras -- on friday I went to my gp and found
    that the practice has gone digital when it comes to taking pictures of
    trauma injuries and visible complaints and so on. I stood completely still
    for five minutes whilst my gp took macro shots of the surgery scar on my
    belly button with a little oly 3x zoom (can't remember which one it was.)
    Also, when my female dog was spayed and I got alittle worried about the
    stitches coming loose, I took a snap of the incision scar and emailed it to
    my vet, who replied it was a-ok. Saved me and the vet the time and money of
    taking her in to see him.

    The digtial camera is useful for all sorts of things it seems.

    Rachael

    Rachael the Wiccan Rat, Jul 27, 2003
  5. borge

    Lucas Tam Guest

    borge <> wrote in

    > New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
    > Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
    > comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
    > grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
    > will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

    You should only use this method if you white balance your camera correctly!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Jul 27, 2003
  6. borge

    borge Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:14:08 GMT, Lucas Tam <>
    wrote:

    >borge <> wrote in
    >
    >> New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
    >> Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
    >> comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
    >> grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
    >> will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

    >You should only use this method if you white balance your camera correctly!

    I was aware of that and it was done.

    Plumbing and stuff like that is a pain. We have some gruesone drinking
    water here in Perth - probably it is no worse than London's but we
    have a reverse osmosis unit to take the worst of the junk )frogs legs
    and the like) out of the water. May stop us from getting all the
    kidney and gall stones that people get operations for.

    Then I use one of my digitals for taking a photo of the item I need
    before going to the shop to try and explain - really is true that a
    picture is worth a thousand words. Incidentally I usually take the OLY
    as the LCD screen is better on that.

    borge, Jul 28, 2003