Another try... HELP! Can't get HP PSC 2110 printer to reinstall in Win98

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jeff, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    I have an HP PSC 2110 all-in-one printer. After a long stint of
    successful operation, it stopped responding after I defragged my hard
    drive. That may have been coincidence, but be that as it may, I can't
    get it to reinstall. It gets to 59% of the install, right when the
    Windows installer kicks in, and then won't finish the install no
    matter what I do at that phase... let windows search for drivers, hit
    "next" and then "finish," whatever.

    I have run the HP scrubber software, tried to clear the Windows
    installer history out of the registry according to HP's support page,
    etc. The printer works just fine with my XP laptop, no problem.

    When I go to "add printer" Windows acts like all I have access to are
    a few printers by Digital, that's it. I'm beginning to suspect that I
    somehow uninstalled some basic Windows printer drivers in the process.

    PLEASE can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
    jeff
    jeff, Dec 2, 2003

  2. jeff

    Patrick Guest

    jeff wrote:
    > I have an HP PSC 2110 all-in-one printer. After a long stint of
    > successful operation, it stopped responding after I defragged my hard
    > drive. That may have been coincidence, but be that as it may, I can't
    > get it to reinstall. It gets to 59% of the install, right when the
    > Windows installer kicks in, and then won't finish the install no
    > matter what I do at that phase... let windows search for drivers, hit
    > "next" and then "finish," whatever.
    >
    > I have run the HP scrubber software, tried to clear the Windows
    > installer history out of the registry according to HP's support page,
    > etc. The printer works just fine with my XP laptop, no problem.

    'XP laptop, no problem.', so what Machine and Operating System are you
    haveing trouble with?
    If not XP, then a different driver would required !
    i.e. are you using the correct driver for the OS concerned ?

    > When I go to "add printer" Windows acts like all I have access to are
    > a few printers by Digital, that's it. I'm beginning to suspect that I
    > somehow uninstalled some basic Windows printer drivers in the process.

    I'm not sure of this particular instance, but it is usual with USB, to have
    to install the 'Drivers' before plugging in the device !

    > PLEASE can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
    > jeff

    You may have allready seen this HP-page, but it lists 3 types of the machine
    (2110, 2110v, 2110xi);

    http://productfinder.support.hp.com...finder&h_query=PSC 2110&Submit.x=4&Submit.y=6

    or short link; http://tinyurl.com/xbzu
    Patrick, Dec 2, 2003

  3. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:57:21 -0000, "Patrick" <>
    wrote:

    >jeff wrote:
    >> I have an HP PSC 2110 all-in-one printer. After a long stint of
    >> successful operation, it stopped responding after I defragged my hard
    >> drive. That may have been coincidence, but be that as it may, I can't
    >> get it to reinstall. It gets to 59% of the install, right when the
    >> Windows installer kicks in, and then won't finish the install no
    >> matter what I do at that phase... let windows search for drivers, hit
    >> "next" and then "finish," whatever.
    >>
    >> I have run the HP scrubber software, tried to clear the Windows
    >> installer history out of the registry according to HP's support page,
    >> etc. The printer works just fine with my XP laptop, no problem.

    >'XP laptop, no problem.', so what Machine and Operating System are you
    >haveing trouble with?
    >If not XP, then a different driver would required !
    >i.e. are you using the correct driver for the OS concerned ?

    Windows 98 on my desktop, as stated in the header. Sorry I didn't make
    that clear. I've tried the stuff on the HP page, I'm just wondering if
    there's a Win98 fix. It just won't see the drivers when I try to
    install them.
    jeff, Dec 2, 2003