Another Sony TV Service Menu Question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by oraclejedi@gmail.com, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I know there's alot of posts on this forum about the service menu on
    many Sony TVs. I apologize if this has all been covered before.

    I have a KV-AR25 - a 25-inch multi-voltage/multi-standard unit that
    features component video input.

    I have been using Anthony Haukap's document on adjusting these units to
    try to eliminate some very annoying color banding that I get on some
    DVDs when viewed with the component input.

    I have found that by adjusting the VP-11 HOS setting from 05 to 0C the
    color banding is eliminated. However when I try to save this change
    using Mute/Enter or Enter/Mute it doesn't save.

    Mute changes the SERVICE text to WRITE. Pressing Enter makes it go
    back to SERVICE. But when the unit is powered off and then back on
    again we're right back to a HOS setting of 05 and rampant color banding
    on some discs. Anthony's text on adjusting PAL units does not help
    since this unit does not have a SCART connector.

    The remote that came with the TV is a RM-995.

    Does anyone have any ideas how I can make the change permanent?

    Thanks in advance.

    Graham Thornton

    , Feb 5, 2005

  2. [This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <>,
    says...

    > I know there's alot of posts on this forum about the service menu on
    > many Sony TVs. I apologize if this has all been covered before.

    You may want to check out the forums on www.agoraquest.com. They
    specialize in Sony equipment. Many VERY knowledeable people there from
    around the world.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

    Andrew Rossmann, Feb 5, 2005