Another screwup--any Dell experts out there??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    MZB wrote:
    > I was trying to reinstall Sonic Software. I put the Diag/Utilities CD
    > in. It loaded stuff and now when I boot up I get three windows
    > "Diagnostic Traces",DRVMcdb and drvmcdbpendingIO. I obviously
    > installed something I don't need. How do I stop these windows from
    > showing up??

    That's why I took the Sonic DLA off my HP. If you want to use the DLA, you
    may need to just close the windows when you restart the computer.

    MZB, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim

    MZB Guest

    Never mind -- I solved that problem. I disabled all my startup items and the
    problem went away. I then started adding back items
    and suddenly found an item ssdiag and that was the culprit.

    Mel

    MZB, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    MZB wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> MZB wrote:
    >>> I was trying to reinstall Sonic Software. I put the Diag/Utilities
    >>> CD in. It loaded stuff and now when I boot up I get three windows
    >>> "Diagnostic Traces",DRVMcdb and drvmcdbpendingIO. I obviously
    >>> installed something I don't need. How do I stop these windows from
    >>> showing up??

    >> That's why I took the Sonic DLA off my HP. If you want to use the
    >> DLA, you may need to just close the windows when you restart the
    >> computer.

    > Never mind -- I solved that problem. I disabled all my startup items
    > and the problem went away. I then started adding back items
    > and suddenly found an item ssdiag and that was the culprit.
    >
    > Mel

    Yes, but you still insist on top-posting <g> (Just because OE does it that
    way, doesn't make it good for newsgroups.)

    So my question would be (regarding disabling the ssdiag software), does the
    DLA work to format a disc?

    Toolman Tim, Sep 16, 2005