Another Road Pic

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Aug 24, 2012.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    otter, Aug 24, 2012

  2. otter

    otter Guest

    On Aug 24, 4:26 am, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:43:50 -0700 (PDT), otter
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Here is another road picture I almost submitted, except it missed the
    > >mandate window:

    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/7842808736/lightbox/

    > That looks like "Off the Road".               :)

    There's a road over there on the left. More importantly it was taken
    while I was on the road in NYC. I wonder how many tourists miss the
    bottom line on the sign.

    There was a place in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf that had a
    sign "Going Out for Business Sale". Wish I had taken a picture of
    that.

    otter, Aug 24, 2012

  3. otter

    otter Guest

    On Aug 24, 4:00 pm, SI Committee <>
    wrote:
    > On 2012-08-24 00:43 , otter wrote:
    >
    > > Here is another road picture I almost submitted, except it missed the
    > > mandate window:

    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/7842808736/lightbox/

    > The Committee would happily add it, even if "old" or late, but you
    > already have 3 images in the 'on the road' SI.

    Yeah, which is why I didn't submit it. Just thought some might get a
    chuckle.

    otter, Aug 25, 2012
  4. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/24/2012 7:14 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Aug 24, 4:26 am, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:43:50 -0700 (PDT), otter
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> Here is another road picture I almost submitted, except it missed the
    >>> mandate window:

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/7842808736/lightbox/

    >> That looks like "Off the Road". :)

    > There's a road over there on the left. More importantly it was taken
    > while I was on the road in NYC. I wonder how many tourists miss the
    > bottom line on the sign.

    It's a deceptive common practice.
    Those guys have similar ethics to the bastards who don't adequately
    disclose that gasoline is much higher when you pay with a credit card.
    You don't notice until you pull up at the pump.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 25, 2012