    Cost (if any)

    Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,

    Gaz.

    Gaz, Dec 31, 2009

  2. Gaz

    Graham. Guest

    "Gaz" <> wrote in message news:-september.org...

    > Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
    > provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.
    >
    > I suppose the main points would be:
    >
    > Ease of Use (not to technical)
    > Features (or added value extras).
    > Cost (if any)
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,
    >
    > Gaz.

    Really need to know a bit more, is it just for use on a softphone (computer)
    or are you going to use real phones.
    Also do you need incoming calls from normal phones as well as outgoing calls?

    For the time being I will recommend sipgate.co.uk, great for incoming calls, geographic
    phone number of your choice, preconfigured softphone downloadable (x-lite), excellent
    voice mail with WAV file emailed to you etc., but outgoing calls are cheaper elsewhere.

    For outgoing calls smartvoip.com
    They have a softphone too. Calls to UK mobiles are 5p/min and landline calls
    inclusive.

    Both the above services can be used with your own SIP compatible hardware if
    you wish.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 31, 2009

  3. Gaz

    Gaz Guest

    In article <hhine8$tgt$-september.org>,
    says...

    > "Gaz" <> wrote in message news:-september.org...
    > >
    > > Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
    > > provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.
    > >
    > > I suppose the main points would be:
    > >
    > > Ease of Use (not to technical)
    > > Features (or added value extras).
    > > Cost (if any)
    > >
    > > Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,
    > >
    > > Gaz.

    > Really need to know a bit more, is it just for use on a softphone (computer)
    > or are you going to use real phones.
    > Also do you need incoming calls from normal phones as well as outgoing calls?
    >
    > For the time being I will recommend sipgate.co.uk, great for incoming calls, geographic
    > phone number of your choice, preconfigured softphone downloadable (x-lite), excellent
    > voice mail with WAV file emailed to you etc., but outgoing calls are cheaper elsewhere.
    >
    > For outgoing calls smartvoip.com
    > They have a softphone too. Calls to UK mobiles are 5p/min and landline calls
    > inclusive.
    >
    > Both the above services can be used with your own SIP compatible hardware if
    > you wish.

    I intend to start out using a software/computer based 'softphone' to
    begin with, then depending on how we (2 adults, 1of them being a
    technophobe) I might upgrade to a hardwarphone system.

    Thanks again.

    Gaz.

    Gaz, Dec 31, 2009
  4. Gaz

    Graham. Guest

    "Gaz" <> wrote in message news:-september.org...

    > Again as per subject, I am looking for an additional VOIP service
    > provider either free or paid, for to use seperately from Skype.
    >
    > I suppose the main points would be:
    >
    > Ease of Use (not to technical)
    > Features (or added value extras).
    > Cost (if any)
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance & As Always.,

    Well if it's just between people making free calls on the same provider it
    doesn't really matter what you use. Whatever people say about Skype it
    does have useful features integrated into it, like video and text.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 31, 2009