Another reason NOT to use Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ryan Coque, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Ryan Coque

    Ryan Coque Guest

    Ryan Coque, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    "Ryan Coque" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95FA9A4436A0ERyancoquegmailcom@216.168.3.44...
    > http://www.thetoque.com/041019/web_browser.htm

    It's funny, I've never had a problem with IE and I use it most of the day
    every day. Perhaps it's user error?
    Uncle Bully, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Ryan Coque

    W Guest

    W, Feb 12, 2005
  4. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:28:01 +1100, "Uncle Bully"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ryan Coque" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.thetoque.com/041019/web_browser.htm
    >>

    >It's funny, I've never had a problem with IE and I use it most of the day
    >every day. Perhaps it's user error?

    Hello Mr Microsoft employee

    Internet Explorer doesn't even comply with the standards.

    You can write a website exactly fitting the standards and it won't
    display correctly in IE. Had to laugh at Microsoft who created this
    example site which they said was 100% standard compliant and displayed
    correctly in IE, but not in Mozilla. Microsoft was half right, it was
    100% standard compliant, but Mozilla displayed it correctly, IE
    didn't.
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  5. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    Ryan Coque wrote:

    > http://www.thetoque.com/041019/web_browser.htm
    >
    > I love the last line.

    that story is a load of crap...

    quote "Now the program takes a minute to load because you've installed
    every "useful" application,"
    I have not installed any "usefull" applications and my ie runs just
    fine.
    Oh and btw, if you think your safe using mozilla and co, think again.

    --
    DalienX
    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  6. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:46:02 GMT, "DalienX" <>
    wrote:

    >Ryan Coque wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.thetoque.com/041019/web_browser.htm
    >>
    >> I love the last line.

    >that story is a load of crap...
    >
    >quote "Now the program takes a minute to load because you've installed
    >every "useful" application,"
    >I have not installed any "usefull" applications and my ie runs just
    >fine.
    >Oh and btw, if you think your safe using mozilla and co, think again.

    You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  7. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    Brissie wrote:

    > You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

    Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

    mozilla was made by some 10 year old with no budget, the only reason
    mozilla is not already full of spyware is nobody has bothered to make
    any for it yet, but don't worry thats all changing. Mozillas popularity
    is such that very soon it will be so chock full of spyware i dowbt it
    will even start.

    --
    DalienX
    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  8. DalienX wrote:

    > that story is a load of crap...

    Well der! You did read the sites tag line at the top of the page?

    "CANADA'S SOURCE FOR INTERNET HUMOUR, PARODY, AND SATIRE"
    Stephen Brooker, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    Stephen Brooker wrote:

    > DalienX wrote:
    > >
    > > that story is a load of crap...
    > >

    > Well der! You did read the sites tag line at the top of the page?
    >
    > "CANADA'S SOURCE FOR INTERNET HUMOUR, PARODY, AND SATIRE"

    hahah uh no, i didnt read that bit.... oops

    --
    DalienX
    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Ryan Coque

    ParaXerxes Guest

    DalienX wrote:

    > Brissie wrote:
    >

    >> You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

    > Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions
    >
    > mozilla was made by some 10 year old with no budget....

    Grow up! Money means absolutely nothing.
    ParaXerxes, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:55:06 GMT, "DalienX" <>
    wrote:

    >Brissie wrote:
    >

    >> You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

    >Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

    Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in
    retail.

    >the only reason mozilla is not already full of spyware is nobody has bothered to make
    >any for it ye

    Do you know anything?

    Spyware is installed via ActiveX. Mozilla doesn't support ActiveX or
    any similar technology. Reason? Because they're all unsecure and
    completely useles

    >is such that very soon it will be so chock full of spyware i dowbt it
    >will even start.

    Impossible
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  12. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Brissie <> wrote in message
    > DalienX <> wrote
    >> Brissie wrote

    >>> You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

    >> Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

    > Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    > the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

    Not a fucking clue, as always.
    Rod Speed, Feb 12, 2005
  13. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +1100, "Rod Speed" <>
    wrote:

    >Brissie <> wrote in message
    >> DalienX <> wrote
    >>> Brissie wrote

    >>> Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

    >> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    >> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

    >Not a fucking clue, as always.

    Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their programmers who
    are expected to work 80 hour weeks. High-level retail staff earn over
    AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  14. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Brissie <> wrote in message
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Brissie <> wrote
    >>> DalienX <> wrote

    >>> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    >>> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

    >> Not a fucking clue, as always.

    > Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
    > programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

    Bullshit.

    > High-level retail staff

    You never said anything about high level.

    > earn over AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.

    More bullshit.
    Rod Speed, Feb 12, 2005
  15. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:30:25 +1100, "Rod Speed" <>
    wrote:

    >Brissie <> wrote in message
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Brissie <> wrote

    >>> Not a fucking clue, as always.

    >> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
    >> programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

    >Bullshit.

    That's what I've been told

    >> High-level retail staff

    >You never said anything about high level.

    I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  16. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Brissie <> wrote in message
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Brissie <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
    >>> programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

    >> Bullshit.

    > That's what I've been told

    And you were stupid enough to buy it.

    >>> High-level retail staff

    >> You never said anything about high level.

    > I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

    Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

    You lied.
    Rod Speed, Feb 12, 2005
  17. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:58:32 +1100, "Rod Speed" <>
    wrote:

    >Brissie <> wrote in message
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Brissie <> wrote

    >>> Bullshit.

    >> That's what I've been told

    >And you were stupid enough to buy it.

    Was told that by a careers guy who made a presentation at our uni on
    what the job market in IT is and made that point telling us why we
    don't want to work for Microsoft.

    >>> You never said anything about high level.

    >> I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

    >Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

    Yes "You'll get more working in retail"

    You can get more working in retail
    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  18. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Brissie <> wrote in message
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Brissie <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> That's what I've been told

    >> And you were stupid enough to buy it.

    > Was told that by a careers guy who made a presentation
    > at our uni on what the job market in IT is and made that
    > point telling us why we don't want to work for Microsoft.

    And you were stupid enough to buy it.

    Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
    that there clearly are plenty who currently do work for
    Microsoft that have noticed that its a complete pack of lies.

    >>> I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

    >> Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

    > Yes "You'll get more working in retail"

    > You can get more working in retail

    Nothing like the same, liar.
    Rod Speed, Feb 13, 2005
  19. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    > Hello Mr Microsoft employee
    >
    > Internet Explorer doesn't even comply with the standards.

    I've never had a problem with IE

    > You can write a website exactly fitting the standards and it won't
    > display correctly in IE. Had to laugh at Microsoft who created this
    > example site which they said was 100% standard compliant and displayed
    > correctly in IE, but not in Mozilla. Microsoft was half right, it was
    > 100% standard compliant, but Mozilla displayed it correctly, IE
    > didn't.

    What do I care?
    I've never had a problem with IE.
    Uncle Bully, Feb 13, 2005
  20. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    "Brissie" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +1100, "Rod Speed" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Brissie <> wrote in message
    >>> DalienX <> wrote

    >>> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    >>> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

    >>Not a fucking clue, as always.

    > Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their programmers who
    > are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

    That's on par for first year skilled labour. The "high-level retail staff"
    you talk of would be someone with years of experience. Compare apples with
    apples.

    > High-level retail staff earn over
    > AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.

    A few years back, an MS employee averaged 8 years work before becoming a
    millionaire. I know of no retail positions that offer anything like that
    sort of income progression.
    Uncle Bully, Feb 13, 2005