Another plea!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave Jones, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Its obviously not my day today, but have had the following message come up
    twice today and am at a loss as to the problem.

    " A problem has been detected and windows has closed down to prevent further
    damage.

    Technical Information
    xx STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0XBF86438F,0Xf607EB60,0X00000000)
    xx win32k.sys - Address BF86438F base at BF800000
    datestamp 3f73195d.

    It also states that to be sure of adequate disc space. If a driver is
    identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check for driver
    updates. Try changing video adaptors.
    Any help to rid the problem would be great but would need a detailed way of
    doing it.

    Many thanks

    Dave

    Dave Jones, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Dave Jones

    samuel Guest

    "Dave Jones" <> wrote in

    > Its obviously not my day today, but have had the following message
    > come up twice today and am at a loss as to the problem.
    >
    > " A problem has been detected and windows has closed down to
    > prevent further damage.
    >
    > Technical Information
    > xx STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0XBF86438F,0Xf607EB60,0X00000000)
    > xx win32k.sys - Address BF86438F base at BF800000
    > datestamp 3f73195d.
    >
    > It also states that to be sure of adequate disc space. If a
    > driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or
    > check for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.
    > Any help to rid the problem would be great but would need a
    > detailed way of doing it.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Dave

    something here to help ?
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17660

    http://tinyurl.com/3m3tb

    http://tinyurl.com/63qs5

    samuel, Sep 6, 2004

  3. Dave Jones

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?q=STOP: 0X0000008E

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:00:49 GMT, in
    <lB1%c.515$>
    Dave Jones scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Dave Jones

    512/udp Guest

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:00:49 GMT, "Dave Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Its obviously not my day today, but have had the following message come up
    >twice today and am at a loss as to the problem.
    >
    >" A problem has been detected and windows has closed down to prevent further
    >damage.
    >
    >Technical Information
    >xx STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0XBF86438F,0Xf607EB60,0X00000000)
    >xx win32k.sys - Address BF86438F base at BF800000
    >datestamp 3f73195d.
    >
    >It also states that to be sure of adequate disc space. If a driver is
    >identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check for driver
    >updates. Try changing video adaptors.
    >Any help to rid the problem would be great but would need a detailed way of
    >doing it.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Dave

    have you installed/updated any video card drivers lately? if so,
    uninstall them and/or roll them back.

    --
    Democrat: Give us your money. _We'll_ solve your problems.
    Republican: Give us your money. We'll ignore your problems.

    512/udp, Sep 6, 2004