Another patchy performance from Microsoft

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Au79

    Leythos Guest

    In article <_x2Bg.28319$>, says...
    > iTWire - Australia
    >
    > ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
    > faster than the company can patch them.

    Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
    but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
    your computer/security.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <_x2Bg.28319$>, says...
    >> iTWire - Australia
    >>
    >> ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
    >> faster than the company can patch them.

    > Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
    > but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
    > your computer/security.

    No, its not news. Nothing new for Microsoft to create and release shoddy
    products that tend to be more of a risk than it is worth, throwing users
    into an endless patch cycle.

    Again, we see the redundant theme of users having to go to unnecessary
    extremes just to attain the same level of security and stability that Mac
    and Linux users are accustomed to.

    Mac and Linux users need to patch too... but *never* to such time and
    resource wasting level.

    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/
    Au79, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in news:He9Bg.39849$:

    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    >> In article <_x2Bg.28319$>, says...
    >>> iTWire - Australia
    >>>
    >>> ... It appears that new holes are being identified in Microsoft software
    >>> faster than the company can patch them.

    >> Why is that news? It's always been a large target, always been a risk,
    >> but, depending on your network setup, the holes may not mean anything to
    >> your computer/security.
    >>

    > No, its not news. Nothing new for Microsoft to create and release shoddy
    > products that tend to be more of a risk than it is worth, throwing users
    > into an endless patch cycle.
    >
    > Again, we see the redundant theme of users having to go to unnecessary
    > extremes just to attain the same level of security and stability that Mac
    > and Linux users are accustomed to.
    >
    > Mac and Linux users need to patch too... but *never* to such time and
    > resource wasting level.

    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    >
    > http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    You don't like Microsoft. We get it!!! Now why not move on.
    Fuzzy Logic, Aug 15, 2006