Another part of beach

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Oct 24, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Oct 24, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > Several days ago in Lima days are cloudy again, but I wanted to take this
    > photo about this other part of beach in the Pacific Ocean:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5108318795/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    Good diagonal and composition. Well done.
    Tim Conway, Oct 24, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Tim Conway <> wrote:
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message

    >> Several days ago in Lima days are cloudy again, but I wanted to take this
    >> photo about this other part of beach in the Pacific Ocean:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5108318795/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    >Good diagonal and composition. Well done.

    Better with a tighter crop, IMO. Get rid of the parking lot and focus
    on the pier and waves. That could be interesting.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Oct 24, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    > Tim Conway <> wrote:
    >>"mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message

    >>> Several days ago in Lima days are cloudy again, but I wanted to take
    >>> this
    >>> photo about this other part of beach in the Pacific Ocean:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5108318795/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your comments.

    >>Good diagonal and composition. Well done.

    > Better with a tighter crop, IMO. Get rid of the parking lot and focus
    > on the pier and waves. That could be interesting.

    I see that. OTOH, I think the parking lot and cars add a perspective to it,
    gives a sense of dimension.
    Tim Conway, Oct 24, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Tim Conway <> wrote:
    >"Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    >> Tim Conway <> wrote:

    >>>Good diagonal and composition. Well done.

    >> Better with a tighter crop, IMO. Get rid of the parking lot and focus
    >> on the pier and waves. That could be interesting.

    >I see that. OTOH, I think the parking lot and cars add a perspective to it,
    >gives a sense of dimension.

    A matter of taste. I prefer a bit of the abstract - make the viewer
    study it a bit to see what's going on.

    http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/2009-06-2412-17-28/778326361_hkP7P-XL.jpg
    http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/Dryad/772507573_2yeNq-XL.jpg

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Oct 25, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    > Tim Conway <> wrote:

    >>> Better with a tighter crop, IMO. Get rid of the parking lot and focus
    >>> on the pier and waves. That could be interesting.

    >>I see that. OTOH, I think the parking lot and cars add a perspective to
    >>it,
    >>gives a sense of dimension.

    > A matter of taste. I prefer a bit of the abstract - make the viewer
    > study it a bit to see what's going on.
    >
    > http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/2009-06-2412-17-28/778326361_hkP7P-XL.jpg
    > http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/Dryad/772507573_2yeNq-XL.jpg

    I just had a look at this again. I now see the girl's face. Nice shot. I
    like the mood it has.
    Tim Conway, Oct 25, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "rwalker" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:16:52 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>Several days ago in Lima days are cloudy again, but I wanted to take this
    >>photo about this other part of beach in the Pacific Ocean:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5108318795/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your comments.

    > I like this one very much.

    Thank to all for your comments, it seems that once again want to show the
    sunshine, but not completely, I also made a short video about how the
    weather was that day:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5109071098/

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Oct 26, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tim Conway" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:ia1fsc$d8q$-september.org...

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Several days ago in Lima days are cloudy again, but I wanted to take this
    >> photo about this other part of beach in the Pacific Ocean:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5108318795/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    > Good diagonal and composition. Well done.

    Hello, thanks, in these days is the Great Week of Lima, where the historical
    center must have some interesting moments to take photos.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Oct 26, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Tim Conway <> wrote:
    >"Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    >> Tim Conway <> wrote:

    >>>I see that. OTOH, I think the parking lot and cars add a perspective to
    >>>it,
    >>>gives a sense of dimension.

    >> A matter of taste. I prefer a bit of the abstract - make the viewer
    >> study it a bit to see what's going on.
    >>
    >> http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/2009-06-2412-17-28/778326361_hkP7P-XL.jpg
    >> http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Public/Dryad/772507573_2yeNq-XL.jpg
    >>

    >I just had a look at this again. I now see the girl's face. Nice shot. I
    >like the mood it has.

    Thanks. That was a quick grab of my (then) 8-year-old daughter as we
    were walking through the woods in Maine. A tie-dyed t-shirt provided
    the colors and a creative filter in Photoshop provided the effect on
    the vegetation.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Oct 29, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    peter Guest

    On 10/29/2010 6:11 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:

    > Thanks. That was a quick grab of my (then) 8-year-old daughter as we
    > were walking through the woods in Maine. A tie-dyed t-shirt provided
    > the colors and a creative filter in Photoshop provided the effect on
    > the vegetation.

    Didn't know you were from Maine. That goes a long way towards
    understanding some of your postings.
    One of my favorite stories about a typical guy from Maine happened in
    Rockport. They were widening the street and the homeowner refused to
    move his mailbox. The workers refused to move the mailbox because it
    belonged to the homeowner. For about eight weeks this guy's mailbox
    stood in the middle of the street, until the authorities convinced hi to
    move it. ;-)

    --
    Peter
    peter, Oct 29, 2010
  11. On 10/29/10 PDT 6:11 AM, peter wrote:
    > On 10/29/2010 6:11 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
    >

    >> Thanks. That was a quick grab of my (then) 8-year-old daughter as we
    >> were walking through the woods in Maine. A tie-dyed t-shirt provided
    >> the colors and a creative filter in Photoshop provided the effect on
    >> the vegetation.
    >>

    > Didn't know you were from Maine. That goes a long way towards
    > understanding some of your postings.
    > One of my favorite stories about a typical guy from Maine happened in
    > Rockport. They were widening the street and the homeowner refused to
    > move his mailbox. The workers refused to move the mailbox because it
    > belonged to the homeowner. For about eight weeks this guy's mailbox
    > stood in the middle of the street, until the authorities convinced hi to
    > move it. ;-)

    Most Mainers don't reply to pests and then tell others not to.......
    John McWilliams, Oct 29, 2010