    http://upgrade.msn.com', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

    now they want you to subscribe to get hotmail via outlook!!!!
    AAAAAUUURRRGGHHH!!!!!

    Roberts, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Roberts

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    Roberts <> rambled:

    > Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Account:
    > 'Mog', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
    > Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook
    > and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at
    > http://upgrade.msn.com', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
    > 0x80004005
    >
    > now they want you to subscribe to get hotmail via outlook!!!!
    > AAAAAUUURRRGGHHH!!!!!

    I've gotten that before....I've simply deleted my hotmail account from OE,
    then reconfigured OE to download from hotmail. Done it twice so far, and
    it's worked both times.

    --

    KB

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Roberts

    Roberts Guest

    well, i went to the upgrade.msn.com and in order to regain access, they say
    i gotta pay $$

    i will try what you say. if it works then great.. but if not..
    im dumping hotmail//

    Roberts, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Roberts

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:54:31 -0800, "Roberts" <> wrote:

    >Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Account: 'Mog',
    >Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
    >HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook
    >Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at
    >http://upgrade.msn.com', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005
    >
    >now they want you to subscribe to get hotmail via outlook!!!!
    >AAAAAUUURRRGGHHH!!!!!

    Use hotpop and get hotmail via any pop email program.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Nov 21, 2004
  5. Roberts

    Jerry G. Guest

    It seems that M$ has decided since their Hotmail is so popular, they do not
    want to have very much in the way of free services, and use only their base
    advertising to generate their revenue. They want to have it from both ends,
    such as taking fees, and still getting paid for their advertising. This
    gives them a doubled ended income from their services.

    There are many other online free email services that give much more than 2
    mb of space, provide POP email services directly to your email software,
    have free calendar and schedule services, free email forwarding, and allow
    large attachments to be sent through their system.

    Just about every other free email service that is out there is giving much
    more in the way of free things than Hotmail is at this time. I am convinced
    that they want to make it strictly a pay email service. Every once in a
    while they at Hotmail, are taking away features, unless they are paid for.

    A few very good email services that are free and reliable are:
    http://www.yahoo.com or http://mail.yahoo.com/?.intl=us

    http://www.myway.com

    http://www.netscape.com or
    https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/...&authLev=2&mcState=initialized&triedAimAuth=y

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Nov 21, 2004
  6. Roberts

    Stephen Guest

    HOTMAIL has updated their storage space, from 2mb to 250mb. Not all
    accounts have been updated, but ALL will soon.

    Stephen, Nov 21, 2004