    turn off monitor, etc. to "never" and it still does this.
    Does anyone have any ideas why this happens.
    Thanks.

    jeh, Jan 17, 2004

  2. jeh

    Swift Guest

    Did you check the setting in the BIOS for power saving? I know that
    when I was running 98SE it was doing the same thing, and I changed the
    bios setting and it stopped doing it.

    Swift

    Swift, Jan 17, 2004

  3. jeh

    mike Guest

    Advanced power under windows 98 is questionable at best If I were you I
    would disable it so the system is always on.use a good screen saver or
    better yet no screensaver and turn your monitor off when you are not using
    it try this and see if it helps

    mike, Jan 17, 2004
  4. jeh

    jeh Guest

    Well I finally got over to try to get in the BIOS on her computer. Turns
    out that this Compaq has a very limited setup--no access into the BIOS at
    all that I could see. About all I could do was to refresh the default
    settings, unless there is some other option that I am not seeing. Thanks
    anyway.

    jeh, Jan 23, 2004