Another Microsoft flub? I want Color Control! Free MS downloads - XP Powertoys?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wewa, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. wewa

    wewa Guest

    Damn,

    Now that it looks like Intellitype and Intellipoint is finally coming down
    the pike, it seems there are more MS omissions!

    Downloaded the applet and tried to install and then got error when
    installing

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/colorcontrol.mspx

    This would be pretty handy for us for color work we do in Photo, Video and
    DTP (Quark and Photoshop) on our LCD displays we want to color calibrate
    with our Macbeth that doesn't work on x64!

    Anybody use it? get it to work on x64?

    Thanks!

    P.S. Anybody know how many or which of these free MS downloads work on x64?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/default.mspx?EventID=1032279655
    wewa, Dec 8, 2005

  2. I have noticed that add-ons such as these and the Power Toys do not get much
    development resources from Microsoft. It seems its developed by MS Employees
    on their own free time really. Probably won't see updates for these until
    Vista or unless a vulnerability is found in them. I would suggest they move
    them over to the Microsoft Plus! Team or the people developing Microsoft
    Gadgets.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 8, 2005

  3. wewa

    fb Guest

    Re: Another Microsoft flub? I want Color Control! Free MS downloads- XP Powertoys?

    wewa wrote:
    > Damn,
    >
    > Now that it looks like Intellitype and Intellipoint is finally coming down
    > the pike, it seems there are more MS omissions!
    >
    > Downloaded the applet and tried to install and then got error when
    > installing
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/colorcontrol.mspx
    >
    > This would be pretty handy for us for color work we do in Photo, Video and
    > DTP (Quark and Photoshop) on our LCD displays we want to color calibrate
    > with our Macbeth that doesn't work on x64!
    >
    > Anybody use it? get it to work on x64?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > P.S. Anybody know how many or which of these free MS downloads work on x64?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/default.mspx?EventID=1032279655

    It appears to be (re)installing .net. So it's probably grabbing the
    32bit .net which it trips over during install.
    Frank
    fb, Dec 8, 2005