    "myths"... this was the result :)

    http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg

    Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    XPD, Dec 24, 2003

  2. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    news:3fe96d08$...
    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the Coke
    > "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    And yes I know our stomach acids are actually a lot worse ;)

    XPD, Dec 24, 2003

  3. XPD

    bambam Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in

    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the
    > Coke "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    Try ginger ale instead. :)

    --
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

    bambam, Dec 24, 2003
  4. XPD

    Chris Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in news:3fe96d08$:

    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the Coke
    > "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    thats why you should drink beer :)

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Dec 24, 2003
  5. XPD

    Lennier Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:34:33 +1300, XPD wrote:

    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the Coke
    > "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    One way to make Carbolic acid is made by simply bubbling carbon dioxide
    through water. The use of Carbolic acid was the earliest method of
    producing a sterile surgical environment.

    Coca Cola is made from guess what... water saturated with carbon dioxide -
    Carbolic acid.

    There is no surprise, therefore, that it etches the surface of coins.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Dec 24, 2003
  6. XPD

    Fishb8 Guest

    Merry Christmas to you all!
    Mixing with rum is an effective antidote to this acid problem.

    ~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~
    ~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~ ®
    Roy Price - May the Fish be with you!

    Fishb8, Dec 24, 2003
  7. On 25 Dec 2003, Lennier wrote

    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:34:33 +1300, XPD wrote:
    >
    >> Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >>
    >> Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the
    >> Coke "myths"... this was the result :)
    >>
    >> http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >>
    >> Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    > One way to make Carbolic acid is made by simply bubbling carbon
    > dioxide through water. The use of Carbolic acid was the earliest
    > method of producing a sterile surgical environment.
    >
    > Coca Cola is made from guess what... water saturated with carbon
    > dioxide - Carbolic acid.
    >
    > There is no surprise, therefore, that it etches the surface of coins.
    >
    > Lennier

    You are thinking of carbonic acid, a very weak acid which is a solution
    of carbon dioxide in water.

    Carbolic acid (also known as Phenol) is a strong, extremely poisonous,
    corrosive and cardiotoxic substance which was used historically, as you
    say, as a sterilant and also for cauterising flesh. It set a standard of
    action against which other substances are compared even today (see
    Rideal-Walker coefficient).

    The acid component of Coca Cola is phosphoric acid.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    - A bird in the bush can't make a mess in your hand.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 24, 2003
  8. XPD

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:34:33 +1300, XPD wrote:

    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the Coke
    > "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    If you put the coin in stomach acid, it'd have been eaten away entirely.

    Perhaps we should get rid of all that nasty stomach acid too ? ;)

    Merry Christmas to everyone.

    --

    .... Brendan

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Note: All comments are copyright 2003, and are opinion only where not
    otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my reccollection'.

    Brendan, Dec 24, 2003
  9. XPD

    ac Guest

    In article <3fe96d08$>, s says...
    > Happy Xmas all, have fun and take care.
    >
    > Dont drink too much coke either.... thought Id try out one of the Coke
    > "myths"... this was the result :)
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/photos/coins.jpg
    >
    > Dunno how our stomachs handle that stuff ;)

    A large Dentist bill is far more painful...

    ac, Dec 24, 2003
  10. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Fishb8" <> wrote in message
    > Merry Christmas to you all!
    > Mixing with rum is an effective antidote to this acid problem.

    Dont worry, lots of that mix will be done today ;)

    XPD, Dec 24, 2003