    intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
    want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
    as well.

    Lina, Feb 21, 2008

  2. "Lina" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > I passed my last MCSE exam on Feb 1st. It took me a year to finish the last 5
    > exams and three years in total to get to the MCSE. I work as a Network
    > Administrator and I knew nothing about installing servers, installing
    > Exchange, GPOs, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc. I had an opportunity to set this all up
    > from the ground up at my job. I had no plan but I had a lot of preparation
    > guides, installation guides, design guides, etc that I download and read from
    > Microsoft. My employer paid for one course which was for the 70-294 exam and
    > that exam I took a year later! I was too busy setting up the network. In
    > short, I earned my stripes getting the MCSE even though I didn't use every
    > technology covered on each exam (i.e Remote Access, VPNs, etc) but I tried my
    > best with Vmware to recreate the environment for learning. My question is
    > this, I want to move ahead into the systems architecture field and do more
    > intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
    > want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
    > as well.

    You rock. Congrats.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 21, 2008

  3. Lina

    Big Chief Guest

    On Feb 21, 9:10 am, Lina <> wrote:
    > I passed my last MCSE exam on Feb 1st. It took me a year to finish the last 5
    > exams and three years in total to get to the MCSE. I work as a Network
    > Administrator and I knew nothing about installing servers, installing
    > Exchange, GPOs, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc. I had an opportunity to set this all up
    > from the ground up at my job. I had no plan but I had a lot of preparation
    > guides, installation guides, design guides, etc that I download and read from
    > Microsoft. My employer paid for one course which was for the 70-294 exam and
    > that exam I took a year later! I was too busy setting up the network. In
    > short, I earned my stripes getting the MCSE even though I didn't use every
    > technology covered on each exam (i.e Remote Access, VPNs, etc) but I tried my
    > best with Vmware to recreate the environment for learning. My question is
    > this, I want to move ahead into the systems architecture field and do more
    > intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
    > want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
    > as well.

    Congrats. I'm starting the same path as you, and I am finding the
    same thing, its hard work. I took my 70-270 a month ago and according
    to the materials I had I was fully prepared, scored a 584. so back to
    the drawing board, but going with the MS self-training material, lot
    more information there. Thanks for the encouraging story.

    Big Chief, Mar 4, 2008