    if that is the cause, and if so, what particular measure is causing this.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Stephen Cadwell, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Stephen Cadwell

    dantu Guest

    Stephen Cadwell wrote:

    > When attempting to download the Flash plug-in, I got an alert box with
    > the message: The connection was refused when attempting to contact
    > download.macromedia.com
    >
    > I have received similar messages when attempting to go to other
    > websites as well. No indication is given, however, as to why the
    > connection was refused. I have this problem with both Mozilla (1.5
    > and previous) and Firebird. I keep my security measures pretty
    > draconian; I'm wondering if that is the cause, and if so, what
    > particular measure is causing this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve

    Steve

    What do you mean by 'security measures' pray tell?

    dantu, Oct 23, 2003

  3. dantu wrote:

    > Steve
    >
    > What do you mean by 'security measures' pray tell?

    I didn't mean to sound like a paranoiac. Just basic stuff: I use a
    HOSTS file, disallow javascripts, disallow pop-ups, allow session
    cookies only. I also run SpywareBlaster in the background.

    HTH

    Steve

    Stephen Cadwell, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Stephen Cadwell

    dantu Guest

    Stephen Cadwell wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Steve
    >>
    >> What do you mean by 'security measures' pray tell?

    > I didn't mean to sound like a paranoiac. Just basic stuff: I use a
    > HOSTS file, disallow javascripts, disallow pop-ups, allow session
    > cookies only. I also run SpywareBlaster in the background.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Steve

    Steve

    Please dont edit previous posts thankyou very much. Your
    problem is obvious to you, but I had to flip flop around just to get the
    idea again
    Please bottom-post, that is quote previous then write your reply

    Sounds pretty draconian to me <g>
    Okay, try turning on javascripts, allowing pop ups, allowing
    all cookies and turn SpyWareBlaster off, then go to the page. Do you get
    the error now?

    dantu, Oct 24, 2003