Another LOTR dvd set?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    >From the digital bits:
    "Among the things that Peter revealed, aside from a little bit about
    King Kong, is that he's starting to think about an eventual über-LOTR
    box set, and that he's hoping to prepare new special editions of some
    of his older films in the next couple of years."

    i wonder what there cuold be for a uber-LOTR other than HD...

    -goro-

    Goro, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Goro

    Jay G. Guest

    On 19 Jul 2005 14:05:53 -0700, Goro wrote:

    >>From the digital bits:

    > "Among the things that Peter revealed, aside from a little bit about
    > King Kong, is that he's starting to think about an eventual über-LOTR
    > box set, and that he's hoping to prepare new special editions of some
    > of his older films in the next couple of years."
    >
    > i wonder what there cuold be for a uber-LOTR other than HD...

    Well, the rest of the deleted scenes, for one. Although hopefully they'll
    be kept separate from the films. Some of them, like the alternate entrance
    into Lothlorien, would have to stay separate.

    Separate sound FX and musical score tracks were proposed for the original
    EE DVDs until it was decided there wasn't any space.

    Some fans have been wanting to see Elijah Wood's "audition" tape of him and
    his friends acting out scenes from LOTR in their backyards, which
    reportedly is what caused Peter Jackson to choose him for Frodo.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jul 20, 2005

  3. "Jay G." <> schreef in bericht
    > On 19 Jul 2005 14:05:53 -0700, Goro wrote:
    >
    >>>From the digital bits:

    >> "Among the things that Peter revealed, aside from a little bit about
    >> King Kong, is that he's starting to think about an eventual über-LOTR
    >> box set, and that he's hoping to prepare new special editions of some
    >> of his older films in the next couple of years."
    >>
    >> i wonder what there cuold be for a uber-LOTR other than HD...

    > Well, the rest of the deleted scenes, for one. Although hopefully they'll
    > be kept separate from the films. Some of them, like the alternate
    > entrance
    > into Lothlorien, would have to stay separate.
    >
    > Separate sound FX and musical score tracks were proposed for the original
    > EE DVDs until it was decided there wasn't any space.
    >
    > Some fans have been wanting to see Elijah Wood's "audition" tape of him
    > and
    > his friends acting out scenes from LOTR in their backyards, which
    > reportedly is what caused Peter Jackson to choose him for Frodo.
    >
    > -Jay

    And what about bloopers? That would be nice.
    But it should all be on HD if I'm going to buy it.

    Otto Tieleman, Jul 20, 2005