    This may seem a daft question or simply just naive but do most laptops (if
    not all) have at least 1 PCMCIA slot? Some sites do not mention it but was
    wondering if that's because it pretty much comes as standard.
    Paul Stokes, Aug 19, 2003

  2. No, not all laptops have PCMCIA slots. You should double check this before
    buying, a friend of mine made the same mistake.

    "Paul Stokes" <> wrote in
    message news:0jm0b.4912$...

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Paul Stokes

    Doug Guest

    Every one that I ever bought had one or more PCMCIA slots. But if you don't
    see it listed as one of the features don't assume it has one. Also they
    should also list what Type of slot it is.

    Here is a good primer for the various Types:
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PCMCIA.html

    "Paul Stokes" <> wrote in
    message news:0jm0b.4912$...

    Doug, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Paul Stokes

    coldman Guest

    only good laptop companies provide PCMCIA slot.
    if it dosen't have one, then it's not worth the money.

    "Paul Stokes" <> wrote in
    message news:0jm0b.4912$...

    coldman, Aug 19, 2003
  5. coldman wrote:

    > only good laptop companies provide PCMCIA slot.
    > if it dosen't have one, then it's not worth the money.

    > "Paul Stokes" <> wrote in
    > message news:0jm0b.4912$...
    >> This may seem a daft question or simply just naive but do most laptops (if
    >> not all) have at least 1 PCMCIA slot? Some sites do not mention it but

    > was
    >> wondering if that's because it pretty much comes as standard.

    Mine's not from a good company, and I have two slots. I musta lucked
    out. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/bpledge