    This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was setting up a
    new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late. Damn.

    Roman
    r_mervart, Feb 25, 2005

  2. r_mervart

    Gordon Guest

    r_mervart wrote:
    > "Dear MSN Member,
    > Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer
    > experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services,
    > Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via
    > Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express."
    >
    > This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was
    > setting up a new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just
    > too late. Damn.
    >
    > Roman

    Doesn't matter - existing free Hotmail accounts are being phased out as
    well.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Feb 25, 2005

  3. r_mervart

    James Mourby Guest

    "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    > "Dear MSN Member,
    > Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience
    > and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no
    > longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office
    > Outlook® and Outlook Express."
    >
    > This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was setting up
    > new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late. Damn.
    >
    > Roman

    Ahh those with already-open accounts were also told...

    "We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued
    customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt
    from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to
    those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or
    MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook
    Express."
    James Mourby, Feb 25, 2005
  4. James Mourby wrote:

    > "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dear MSN Member,
    >> Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience
    >> and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no
    >> longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office
    >> Outlook® and Outlook Express."

    >> This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was setting up
    >> new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late. Damn.

    >> Roman

    > Ahh those with already-open accounts were also told...

    > "We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued
    > customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt
    > from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to
    > those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or
    > MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook
    > Express."

    Is this MSdumbdownspeak for "you'll still have POP/SMTP access"?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 25, 2005
  5. r_mervart

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "James Mourby" <> wrote in message

    > "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dear MSN Member,
    >> Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience
    >> and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no
    >> longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office
    >> Outlook® and Outlook Express."
    >>
    >> This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was setting up
    >> new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late. Damn.
    >>
    >> Roman

    > Ahh those with already-open accounts were also told...
    >
    > "We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued
    > customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt
    > from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to
    > those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail
    > or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook
    > Express."

    I have had my hHotmail account for 8 years now, and I lost the ability to
    use OE for it a couple of months ago.
    PuppyKatt, Feb 26, 2005
  6. r_mervart

    -Lone_Wolf- Guest

    PuppyKatt wrote:
    > "James Mourby" <> wrote in
    > message news:421f7b46$0$60693$...
    >>
    >> "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Dear MSN Member,
    >>> Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer
    >>> experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services,
    >>> Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via
    >>> Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express."
    >>>
    >>> This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was
    >>> setting up a
    >>> new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late.
    >>> Damn. Roman

    >> Ahh those with already-open accounts were also told...
    >>
    >> "We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and
    >> valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN
    >> account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to
    >> continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook
    >> Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will
    >> not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express."
    >>

    > I have had my hHotmail account for 8 years now, and I lost the
    > ability to use OE for it a couple of months ago.

    Try again... They took mine away for a month and put it back. I think they
    were trying to stop spam, but had too many complaints so they decided to
    grand father the change.
    -Lone_Wolf-, Feb 26, 2005
  7. r_mervart

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Thank you for thi info, -Lone_Wolf-. Got it.

    PuppyKatt, Feb 26, 2005
  8. r_mervart

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:40:06 -0600, "PuppyKatt" <> wrote:

    >"James Mourby" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Dear MSN Member,
    >>> Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience
    >>> and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no
    >>> longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office
    >>> Outlook® and Outlook Express."
    >>>
    >>> This is the message I received recently - just at a time I was setting up
    >>> new account for my wife with access from OE. I was just too late. Damn.
    >>>
    >>> Roman

    >> Ahh those with already-open accounts were also told...
    >>
    >> "We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued
    >> customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt
    >> from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to
    >> those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail
    >> or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook
    >> Express."
    >>

    >I have had my hHotmail account for 8 years now, and I lost the ability to
    >use OE for it a couple of months ago.

    I use Hotmail with Eudora.

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Feb 27, 2005
  9. r_mervart

    anthonyberet Guest

    PuppyKatt wrote:
    <snip>
    >>Try again... They took mine away for a month and put it back. I think they
    >>were trying to stop spam, but had too many complaints so they decided to
    >>grand father the change.

    That's clever... why don't they just cap the number of messages that can
    be sent via outlook/OE per 24 hours?
    anthonyberet, Mar 1, 2005
  10. anthonyberet wrote:

    > PuppyKatt wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>>Try again... They took mine away for a month and put it back. I think they
    >>>were trying to stop spam, but had too many complaints so they decided to
    >>>grand father the change.

    > That's clever... why don't they just cap the number of messages that can
    > be sent via outlook/OE per 24 hours?

    Outlook/OE? How about...lessee...one a month? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005