    Officially-sanctioned subtitles were taking too long to become available,
    so some enterprising folks decided to put them together for themselves.

    What do you think: is this morally right or wrong?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 21, 2007

  2. On Mon, 21 May 2007 16:24:08 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Officially-sanctioned subtitles were taking too long to become available,
    > so some enterprising folks decided to put them together for themselves.
    >
    > What do you think: is this morally right or wrong?

    I think that there was nothing wrong with that.

    No officially produced translations were being made available, and so
    members of the public produced their own.

    If the translations were reasonable translations then the film companies
    should be thankful that someone has done the work for them.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."
    Jonathan Walker, May 21, 2007