    worried.

    Thanx again.
    Jenny
    Jenny Martz, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Jenny Martz

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Jenny Martz said:

    > Thanx to some of the people who emailed me and told me how to stop those
    > emails, but I have yet another question relating to it. I know it's a stupid
    > question, don't point that out please. ^_^ Anyways, in outlook express, how
    > can you delete or block an email without reading it? I tried numerous times,
    > but as soon as you click the email, outlook express marks it as read. Help
    > me out on this. I know this is how viris's spread, so that's why I'm kinda
    > worried.
    >
    > Thanx again.
    > Jenny

    Turn off the preview pane.
    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Jenny Martz

    NOSPAM Guest

    call for free service

    Toll Free:
    (800)738-2395

    Fax:
    (800)952-5869

    NOSPAM, Aug 14, 2003
  4. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Jenny Martz said:
    >
    > > Thanx to some of the people who emailed me and told me how to stop those
    > > emails, but I have yet another question relating to it. I know it's a

    stupid
    > > question, don't point that out please. ^_^ Anyways, in outlook express,

    how
    > > can you delete or block an email without reading it? I tried numerous

    times,
    > > but as soon as you click the email, outlook express marks it as read.

    Help
    > > me out on this. I know this is how viris's spread, so that's why I'm

    kinda
    > > worried.
    > >
    > > Thanx again.
    > > Jenny

    > Turn off the preview pane.

    Which is done by choosing Tools from the Menu Bar, then selecting Options.
    In the Options dialog box, select the Read tab. Then uncheck where it says
    Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane. Click Ok
    and you should be all set.

    ~SF~
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Jenny Martz

    Billt Guest

    "Jenny Martz" <> wrote in message news:<5hL_a.144081$uu5.22266@sccrnsc04>...
    > Thanx to some of the people who emailed me and told me how to stop those
    > emails, but I have yet another question relating to it. I know it's a stupid
    > question, don't point that out please. ^_^ Anyways, in outlook express, how
    > can you delete or block an email without reading it? I tried numerous times,
    > but as soon as you click the email, outlook express marks it as read. Help
    > me out on this. I know this is how viris's spread, so that's why I'm kinda
    > worried.
    >
    > Thanx again.
    > Jenny

    Hi Jenny,
    Click on the email(s) in question, click on the Message box above.
    then select select new mail rule. The choice is yours good luck Billt
    Billt, Aug 14, 2003
  6. Jenny Martz

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ieuan Adams said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Jenny Martz said:
    >>
    >>> Thanx to some of the people who emailed me and told me how to stop those
    >>> emails, but I have yet another question relating to it. I know it's a stupid
    >>> question, don't point that out please. ^_^ Anyways, in outlook express, how
    >>> can you delete or block an email without reading it? I tried numerous times,
    >>> but as soon as you click the email, outlook express marks it as read. Help
    >>> me out on this. I know this is how viris's spread, so that's why I'm kinda
    >>> worried.
    >>>
    >>> Thanx again.
    >>> Jenny

    >> Turn off the preview pane.
    >>

    > Apologies if this sounds condescending or you already know. To turn off the
    > preview pane, its' under Tools->Options, then the Read Tab and make sure the
    > 'Automatically download message.....' is NOT ticked. You'll then have to
    > press space bar to download/read a message in the newsgroup.
    > Hope this helps,
    > Ieuan

    Why do you want to tell me how to turn off the preview pane when I was telling
    the OP to turn it off?
    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003
  7. Jenny Martz

    Tom Miller Guest

    Thank you for the information.

    Tom Miller, Aug 15, 2003
  8. Jenny Martz

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:07:23 +1200, Jay wrote:

    > "Jenny Martz" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanx to some of the people who emailed me and told me how to stop those
    >> emails, but I have yet another question relating to it. I know it's a

    > stupid
    >> question, don't point that out please. ^_^ Anyways, in outlook express,

    > how
    >> can you delete or block an email without reading it? I tried numerous

    > times,
    >> but as soon as you click the email, outlook express marks it as read. Help
    >> me out on this. I know this is how viris's spread, so that's why I'm kinda
    >> worried.
    >>
    >> Thanx again.
    >> Jenny

    > You may (together with the advice in the thread) want to download
    > 'Mailwasher' http://www.mailwasher.net.
    > You run this program and it shows you the subject/sender (and some content)
    > of the emails in your mailbox.
    > You can then tick boxes which will:
    > (i) Delete emails - if not interested, read it already etc
    > (ii)'Bounce' the email which is an email verson of 'address not known' which
    > can help remove you from spammers lists

    Don't use the bounce- It doesn't help anything.

    --
    Symptom: Drinking fails to give taste and satisfaction,
    beer is unusually pale and clear.

    Diagnosis: Glass empty.
    Jimchip, Aug 15, 2003