Another cult TV favorite...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PW, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. PW

    PW Guest

    Well, I haven't seen anyone mention this one:

    The short-lived 80's comedy SLEDGE HAMMER!

    Anybody remember this one? I thought it was
    absolutely hilarious. Who owns the rights to it?
    I remember a VHS entitled "Hammered: The Best Of Sledge"
    was released I believe back in 1990, but it's long out-of-print.
    (Although I think there are used copies selling over at
    Amazon and eBay.)

    I would love to own the entire series on DVD.
    If for nothing else to hear Danny Elfman's cool opening
    theme remastered in 5.1.

    Anyone know who owns the rights to this and if
    we'll ever see a DVD release?

    Thanks for any help,

    PW
    PW, Oct 6, 2003

  2. "PW" <> wrote in message
    > Well, I haven't seen anyone mention this one:
    >
    > The short-lived 80's comedy SLEDGE HAMMER!
    >

    > Anybody remember this one? I thought it was
    > absolutely hilarious. Who owns the rights to it?
    > I remember a VHS entitled "Hammered: The Best Of Sledge"
    > was released I believe back in 1990, but it's long out-of-print.
    > (Although I think there are used copies selling over at
    > Amazon and eBay.)
    >
    > I would love to own the entire series on DVD.
    > If for nothing else to hear Danny Elfman's cool opening
    > theme remastered in 5.1.
    >

    > Anyone know who owns the rights to this and if
    > we'll ever see a DVD release?

    Try google. You should be able to find the info you are seeking quickly.

    Steve
    Steve Knoblock, Oct 7, 2003

  3. PW

    CBoldman Guest

    CBoldman, Oct 7, 2003
  4. quite a few people here would like to see this show get an official DVD
    release.
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 7, 2003
  5. I took a peek at that site and it says that a first season box set is in the
    pipeline.

    Now we need Duckman, You can't do that on television, and Pete and Pete
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 7, 2003
  6. PW

    HappyHunter Guest

    On 6 Oct 2003 15:35:05 -0700, (PW) wrote:

    >Well, I haven't seen anyone mention this one:
    >
    >The short-lived 80's comedy SLEDGE HAMMER!
    >

    >Anybody remember this one? I thought it was
    >absolutely hilarious. Who owns the rights to it?

    Actually the first thing I thought when I saw the subject was 'Sledge
    Hammer'...
    HappyHunter, Oct 7, 2003
  7. On 07 Oct 2003 04:13:28 GMT, (Vlvetmorning98) wrote:

    >quite a few people here would like to see this show get an official DVD
    >release.

    Only those obsessed with crap TV

    SpeedyByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 7, 2003
  8. PW

    Peter Briggs Guest

    PW <> wrote:

    > Well, I haven't seen anyone mention this one:
    >
    > The short-lived 80's comedy SLEDGE HAMMER!

    I mentioned it a while back.

    I'm even on a mailing list for it...
    Peter Briggs, Oct 7, 2003
  9. In article <>,
    Vlvetmorning98 <> wrote:
    >I took a peek at that site and it says that a first season box set is in the
    >pipeline.

    >Now we need Duckman, You can't do that on television, and Pete and Pete

    I'll go along with Duckman. One of the best series I've ever
    seen.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Oct 13, 2003
  10. PW

    Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:05:01 GMT, Bill Vermillion wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Vlvetmorning98 <> wrote:
    >>I took a peek at that site and it says that a first season box set is in the
    >>pipeline.

    >>Now we need Duckman, You can't do that on television, and Pete and Pete

    > I'll go along with Duckman. One of the best series I've ever
    > seen.

    I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine a more underrated series. It was
    consistently funny and clever show after show. I would buy a Duckman
    collection on DVD in a heartbeat.
    --
    "As a producer, and being immature, obviously Porky's and Rock 'n'
    Roll High School give me the opportunity to bring more stupidity

    Now playing: "Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song"
    Tarkus, Oct 13, 2003