    also blown the speakers before and may be again..

    Has very little output protection, 2 large thermal switches, these are far to
    slow to do any thing and with T4A fuses in the Amp DC feeds..

    Tony, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Tony

    thing2 Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
    > also blown the speakers before and may be again..
    >
    > Has very little output protection, 2 large thermal switches, these are far to
    > slow to do any thing and with T4A fuses in the Amp DC feeds..

    Interesting.....my old NAD 3130? blew my last speakers.....now it no
    longer has a pre-amp stage (power amp still works)

    Is something 15 years old worth repairing?

    I suspect some capacitors or something have given up the ghost somewhere
    in the pre-amp stage due to age (it was stored for 8+ years so it
    shouldnt be overload). I now feed from the tape output jacks into the
    power amp stage thus bypassing the pre-amp and I get a fixed volume
    output.....

    ;]

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Tony

    David Preece Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
    > also blown the speakers before and may be again..

    Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.

    Dave

    David Preece, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Tony

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:54:18 +1200, David Preece
    <> wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time, has
    >> also blown the speakers before and may be again..

    >Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.
    >
    >Dave

    He's trying to provoke someone.

    GraB, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Tony

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:54:18 +1200, David Preece
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Tony wrote:
    > >> Yes another with blown outputs, been in before this is the third time,

    has
    > >> also blown the speakers before and may be again..

    > >Offtopic. We have nz.tech for this.
    > >
    > >Dave

    > He's trying to provoke someone.

    Roger playing with nads is nothing new

    Craig Sutton, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Tony

    Richard Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > Roger playing with nads is nothing new

    Didnt think he had moved onto other peoples tho.

    Richard, Jul 28, 2005