Another confused newbie

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by wood.nigel@gmail.com, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    OK So I buy a Sony Vaio with DVD RW and the following media software
    loaded: -

    Windows Media Player Vs10

    Sonic Roxio
    Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia SE
    Build: 2.3.5a
    Module Name: PX Engine
    Build: 2.4.35a, 55
    Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Audio
    Version: 2.0.2
    Build: 203B12I, SNV
    Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Data
    Version: 2.0.2
    Build: 203B13H, SNV
    Module Name: Launch Backup
    Build: 203B13H, SNV
    Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Copy
    Version: 2.0.2
    Build: 203B14I, SNV

    Sonic Click to DVD 2.4.10

    Sonic Stage Vs 3.2

    Sonic Stage Mastering Studio

    DVgate Plus Vs 2.1

    Intervideo WinDVD for Vaio

    XviD-1.0.3-20122004 (I downloaded this)

    I also downloaded Emule V 0.46c and started to download movies etc.

    Now I want to burn these movies onto Imation DVD-RW 4x disks with the
    correct format.

    My problem is twofold: -
    I dont know how (given the software that I have) to convert AVI / MPEG
    etc..........movie files downloaded from emule into the correct format
    for use on a normal DVD player.
    AND
    I dont know how or which software to use to burn the movies with the
    correct format onto the disks.

    I have been battling along with this all day and now I have had enough.
    I hate being this stupid about these things but please if anyone can
    help or advise I would be most grateful.

    Rgds
    , Nov 21, 2005

  2. Baz Guest

    > I also downloaded Emule V 0.46c and started to download movies etc.
    >
    > Now I want to burn these movies onto Imation DVD-RW 4x disks with the
    > correct format.
    >
    > My problem is twofold: -
    > I dont know how (given the software that I have) to convert AVI / MPEG
    > etc..........movie files downloaded from emule into the correct format
    > for use on a normal DVD player.
    > AND
    > I dont know how or which software to use to burn the movies with the
    > correct format onto the disks.
    >
    > I have been battling along with this all day and now I have had enough.
    > I hate being this stupid about these things but please if anyone can
    > help or advise I would be most grateful.
    >
    > Rgds

    http://www.vso-software.fr/download.php
    Divx2DVD
    Baz, Nov 22, 2005