Another complaint about usenet closure

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by TMA, May 8, 2010.

  1. TMA

    TMA Guest

    Reading http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx .....

    Here are the features M$ highlights for their web based forum migration:

    > Support for Questions and Answers

    How about usenet? Doesn't it have this "feature"?

    > Subscription and Notification Services

    In other words: SPAM. Annoying messages sent to your mail box saying that
    someone replied your message. Very useful to heavy users, heh?

    > Escalations

    Why doesn't M$ do it here??????

    > Enhanced Online Discoverability

    Mirror the darn usenet and make it "googleable".

    > Administration, Moderation and Answering

    Censorship! Pretty handy when you open your threads to 15+ million people.

    > Integrated Profile and Recognition System

    Privacy breaker! Intended for users who can't even say what their systems
    are. Not applicable to usenet users. I wouldn't want M$ to "recognize" my
    system, not in this lifetime, thank you.

    Now the best "feature" M$ forgot to mention:

    TMA, May 8, 2010

  2. You don't want spam, don't sign up for it from the forums. Very few of us
    here like it, but there really isn't any point at all in whinging, since it
    won't change. Beyond that, at least be accurate.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 10, 2010