Another company loses customer info

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Michael Pelletier, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Michael Pelletier, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Michael Pelletier

    Leythos Guest

    Leythos, Apr 19, 2005

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...1&u=/ap/20050419/ap_on_hi_te/dsw_credit_cards

    > Old news, read about it last year.

    The new news is that it was actually 10x the amount that they first reported
    (1.4 Million) stolen between November and February...

    --

    "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    Linus Torvald
    Michael Pelletier, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Michael Pelletier

    Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:54:41 -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:

    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:10:55 -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:
    >>
    >>> ...and it happends yet again....
    >>>
    >>> We as votes need to demand certain guidelines for companies the house
    >>> our data...
    >>>

    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...1&u=/ap/20050419/ap_on_hi_te/dsw_credit_cards
    >>

    >> Old news, read about it last year.
    >>

    > The new news is that it was actually 10x the amount that they first
    > reported (1.4 Million) stolen between November and February...

    Thanks - I missed that part. I always assume that the entire database was
    compromised when it comes to something like that. From working with
    databases, if a member got something they shouldn't have, it's likely that
    the admins can't tell how much they actually got.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Michael Pelletier