another celebrity goes Scientology

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by markritter150@gmail.com, Jun 1, 2008.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 1, 2008

  2. Mensanator Guest

    On May 31, 10:18�pm, wrote:
    > According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
    > VANILLA ICE.
    >
    > Yes, that's right. �Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.
    >
    > In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
    > from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
    >
    > http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/....com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html
    >
    > Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
    > list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

    At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

    Mensanator, Jun 1, 2008

  3. "Mensanator" <> wrote in message
    On May 31, 10:18?pm, wrote:
    > According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
    > VANILLA ICE.
    >
    > Yes, that's right. ?Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.
    >
    > In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
    > from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
    >
    > http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/....com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html
    >
    > Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
    > list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

    At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

    ------------

    Way to reach for the stars, Scientology. Who's next? One of the Corey's?
    Michael Jackson? Oh wait, you guys already tried that.

    HH

    hamburger helper, Jun 1, 2008
  4. barb Guest

    Mensanator wrote:
    > On May 31, 10:18�pm, wrote:
    >> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
    >> VANILLA ICE.
    >>
    >> Yes, that's right. �Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.
    >>
    >> In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
    >> from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
    >>
    >> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/....com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html
    >>
    >> Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
    >> list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

    > At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

    Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

    --
    Barb "That's Captain Barbossa to you!"
    Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

    “I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
    so long as we don’t step over the line. When religious worship and
    belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
    the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
    appropriate.â€

    --Robert Goff
    Professor Emeritus, UCSC

    barb, Jun 2, 2008
  5. Mensanator Guest

    On Jun 1, 8:42 pm, barb <> wrote:
    > Mensanator wrote:
    > > On May 31, 10:18�pm, wrote:
    > >> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
    > >> VANILLA ICE.

    > >> Yes, that's right. �Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.

    > >> In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
    > >> from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.

    > >>http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasiceblurayhttp://www.ipetitio...

    > >> Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
    > >> list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

    > > At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

    > Who is Vanilla Ice?

    Someone who's 15 minutes expired long ago.

    When it came down to being thrown off the roof
    or become a Scientologist, he chose poorly.

    Mensanator, Jun 2, 2008
  6. J. Clarke Guest

    On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
    > barb<> wrote:
    >> Mensanator wrote:

    >> Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

    > }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but marginally
    > popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

    Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

    It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it
    once--I don't remember her exact words but it was something to the
    effect that suburban white people are surprised to find that they have
    raised black children.

    J. Clarke, Jul 3, 2010
  7. J. Clarke wrote:
    > On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
    >> barb<> wrote:
    >>> Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

    >> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but
    >> marginally
    >> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

    > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
    >
    > It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it
    > once--I don't remember her exact words but it was something to the
    > effect that suburban white people are surprised to find that they have
    > raised black children.

    Hmmm.
    fu set

    John McWilliams, Jul 3, 2010
  8. Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
    > "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    >>> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but
    >>> marginally
    >>> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

    >> Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
    >>
    >> It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it once--I
    >> don't remember her exact words but it was something to the effect that
    >> suburban white people are surprised to find that they have raised black
    >> children.

    > His 15 eclipsed a few years ago. Doing what needs doing to stay in the
    > public eye. Shame.

    Yehc

    John McWilliams, Jul 3, 2010
  9. Guest

    On Jul 3, 7:51 am, "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

    It's wigger.

    , Jul 3, 2010
  10. Honest Abe Guest

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
    >> barb<> wrote:
    >>> Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

    >> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but
    >> marginally
    >> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

    > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
    >
    > It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it once--I
    > don't remember her exact words but it was something to the effect that
    > suburban white people are surprised to find that they have raised black
    > children.

    Is the racism expressed above the result of Elron Flubbard's indoctrination?
    After all he was a racist, misogynist, homophobe - all one could expect from
    an enlightened OT "Source" - or pretenter thereto.

    Honest Abe, Jul 3, 2010
  11. krishnananda Guest

    In article <>,
    "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    Who cares?

    krishnananda, Jul 4, 2010
  12. Twibil Guest

    On Jul 3, 4:51 am, "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

    Two of them:

    1.) "Author". (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me )

    2.) "Confused".

    Twibil, Jul 4, 2010
  13. Twibil Guest

    On Jul 3, 9:56 am, "" <porky_pig...@my-
    deja.com> wrote:

    > > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

    > It's wigger.

    No, that's just an insult used by racists to describe anyone who's not
    a racist.

    Twibil, Jul 4, 2010
  14. J. Clarke Guest

    On 7/3/2010 2:26 PM, Honest Abe wrote:
    > "J. Clarke"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but
    >>> marginally
    >>> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

    >> Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
    >>
    >> It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it once--I
    >> don't remember her exact words but it was something to the effect that
    >> suburban white people are surprised to find that they have raised black
    >> children.

    > Is the racism expressed above the result of Elron Flubbard's indoctrination?
    > After all he was a racist, misogynist, homophobe - all one could expect from
    > an enlightened OT "Source" - or pretenter thereto.

    When did Whoopi Goldberg become a scientologist? And how is a comment
    about white people aspiring to be black "racist" anyway?

    J. Clarke, Jul 4, 2010
  15. husk Guest

    On Jul 3, 7:51 am, "J. Clarke" <> wrote:
    > On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
    >
    > > barb<>  wrote:
    > >> Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

    > > }:-}  It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but marginally
    > > popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros.  }:-}

    > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
    >
    > It is an interesting phenomenon.  Whoopi Goldberg commented on it
    > once--I don't remember her exact words but it was something to the
    > effect that suburban white people are surprised to find that they have
    > raised black children.

    J-Roc black or white?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFjA-54JIA&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRP3oFjep_Y