    I wish manufacturers would stop producing new model for 3 months so I can
    make my mind up :)

    Clive

    Clive, Aug 29, 2003

  2. "Clive" <> wrote in message
    news:cZG3b.7450$...
    > There I was just about to order a Canon A70 and then I notice that a A80
    > will be released October.
    >
    > I wish manufacturers would stop producing new model for 3 months so I can
    > make my mind up :)

    Yeah, but you know if they do that they'll release something FANTASTIC the
    week after you've made the purchase. :-D

    Aaron Queenan, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Clive

    Ann Meffert Guest

    That's why you always want to get a 30-day return guarantee!
    Figure out the time of year when the new models come out and buy the
    existing one you like just before the new one is set to appear. Then you
    can return it. Of course, you might wind up in more confusion this way.
    Maybe you need to plan on buying a new camera every year like people
    used to do with cars before they became too expensive.

    "Aaron Queenan" <> wrote in
    message news:binkjr$kun$...

    Ann Meffert, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Clive

    Steve James Guest

    Ann Meffert <> wrote:

    > That's why you always want to get a 30-day return guarantee!
    > Figure out the time of year when the new models come out and buy the
    > existing one you like just before the new one is set to appear. Then you
    > can return it.

    Newer isn't always better. If you applied this approach to the Canon
    G3/G5 you would end up spending more money to get a poorer camera.

    --
    To email me use: sjusenet AT comcast DOT net

    Steve James, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Clive

    Beowulf Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:40:56 -0500, Clive wrote:

    > There I was just about to order a Canon A70 and then I notice that a A80
    > will be released October.

    And when you buy your A80 in October a new model, the A90 will be
    announced soon to be released.

    Beowulf, Aug 30, 2003