    Nowhere Guest

    Is there a free 'anonymous surfer' software tool available? Do they work and
    are they any good?

    Nowhere, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Nowhere

    Guest

    For Winblows, I use a combination of Privoxy and Tor. Both are free.
    For Linux, I also use proxychains with tor, (127.0.0.1 9050) in the
    /etc/proxychains.conf file to proxy apps other than web browsing. You
    can even do an Nmap scan using tor with proxychains.
    Yes, they work very well. After installing them, find a site that will
    test your proxy to see if it is anonymous. If you need complete anon,
    use tor.privoxy, over someone elses wifi network. :)
    http://tor.eff.org/index.html

    , Sep 13, 2005