    wireless router assigned my computer with an IP address of 192.168.1.2

    Is it even possible to surf anonymously with my current hardware setup?

    -A

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=, May 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Kerry Brown Guest

    It is impossible to surf anonymously. Someone, somewhere has to know where
    to send the packets. You can go through an anonymous proxy server but
    whoever runs the server will know your real IP. The only possibilty of
    anonymous surfing is to use a compromised computer as a proxy which is
    exactly what some malware is designed to do. Even then someone sophisticated
    enough could also hack the same computer and trace the traffic back to you.

    Are the web sites reporting your public IP or your private IP? If it's the
    private IP (192.168.1.2) your router may be misconfigured. If it's the
    public IP that's normal and nothing to worry about.

    --
    Kerry
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, May 27, 2006

  3. Kerry,

    It's my public IP that gets reported. So if you say that's normal and
    there's nothing to worry about then I won't worry.

    Thanks too for your input on this :)

    -A

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=, May 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Kerry Brown Guest

    Your welcome.

    --
    Kerry
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, May 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Jimmy B Guest

    Try http://www.anonymizer.com/default.html

    Jimmy B, May 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    WEN Guest

    Jimmy B wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>

    >> Does anyone know how to setup anonymous web surfing with wireless
    >> router and adapter. My network keeps broadcasting my real IP address
    >> even though my wireless router assigned my computer with an IP
    >> address of 192.168.1.2
    >>
    >> Is it even possible to surf anonymously with my current hardware
    >> setup?
    >>
    >> -A

    > Try http://www.anonymizer.com/default.html

    or, open source (and free) -

    http://tor.eff.org/

    WEN, May 27, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Jimmy B Guest

    WEN wrote:
    > Jimmy B wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> Hello all,
    >>>

    >>> Does anyone know how to setup anonymous web surfing with wireless
    >>> router and adapter. My network keeps broadcasting my real IP
    >>> address even though my wireless router assigned my computer with an
    >>> IP address of 192.168.1.2
    >>>
    >>> Is it even possible to surf anonymously with my current hardware
    >>> setup?
    >>>
    >>> -A

    >> Try http://www.anonymizer.com/default.html

    > or, open source (and free) -
    >
    > http://tor.eff.org/

    Is it?

    If you want Tor to become faster and more usable, please consider making a
    donation to the Tor project.

    I have never tried this but it does look more like beta ware which is ok I
    guess. Do you have any comparison to Anonymize SW? Can't hurt to know as
    much as you can.

    Regards.

    Jim

    Jimmy B, May 27, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    WEN Guest

    Jimmy B wrote:
    > WEN wrote:
    >> Jimmy B wrote:

    >>> Try http://www.anonymizer.com/default.html

    >> or, open source (and free) -
    >>
    >> http://tor.eff.org/

    > Is it?
    >
    > If you want Tor to become faster and more usable, please consider making a
    > donation to the Tor project.
    >

    > I have never tried this but it does look more like beta ware which is ok I
    > guess. Do you have any comparison to Anonymize SW? Can't hurt to know as
    > much as you can.
    >
    > Regards.
    >
    > Jim

    I've been using Anonymizer on my desktop, and Tor on my laptop for 4
    months. Both work just fine for me. When my Anonymizer subscription
    expires in a few months (August, I think) I plan to begin using Tor on
    the desktop. Can't see paying for something that works just as well (as
    far as I can see) and is available free. YMMV

    WEN, May 27, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Jimmy B Guest

    WEN wrote:
    > Jimmy B wrote:
    >> WEN wrote:

    >>> or, open source (and free) -
    >>>
    >>> http://tor.eff.org/

    >> Is it?
    >>
    >> If you want Tor to become faster and more usable, please consider
    >> making a donation to the Tor project.
    >>

    >> I have never tried this but it does look more like beta ware which
    >> is ok I guess. Do you have any comparison to Anonymize SW? Can't
    >> hurt to know as much as you can.
    >>
    >> Regards.
    >>
    >> Jim

    > I've been using Anonymizer on my desktop, and Tor on my laptop for 4
    > months. Both work just fine for me. When my Anonymizer subscription
    > expires in a few months (August, I think) I plan to begin using Tor on
    > the desktop. Can't see paying for something that works just as well
    > (as far as I can see) and is available free. YMMV

    I have not used any but have read where others have been able to access
    usenet in this manner. I think that Anonymizer charges something like $100
    for usenet. $29 for surfing the web. Is this true? I wouldn't mind being
    able to post to some political usenet groups without being followed when I
    children log onto their usenet pet groups. The IP exposed tells them it is
    the same connection so my daughter sometimes has to read whatever they chose
    to post. Pitiful when it comes to that. I have read posts where others want
    to avoid these attacks but everyone assumes they want to break some law and
    never get any real help. Can you shed some light on what one must do in this
    case?

    Regards.
    Jim.

    Jimmy B, May 27, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    insure_it

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    REAL Anonymous Surfing and downloading

    Hi all!
    I just came across this site and thought I could lend some advice.

    A cool little device called myIphantom (www.iphantom.com) gives you true anonnimity. You also get emterprise level security with antivirus, spyware, and firewall through the phantom gateways. Your real IP is comingled with thousands of other users as well as encrypting all communications. Well there is alot more but I'm not getting paid for this si just check out their site.

    PS If you use Anonymizer only your WEB SURFING is anonymous and you can be easily traced through email or other methods. You also wont get the same level of security iPhantom gives you.

    If you cant tell by now I LOVE MY IPHANTOM!!!!!

    I hope this helps!
    -J

    insure_it, Jun 3, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    markcarter10

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Anonymous Browsing Info

    Anonymous Browsing is browsing the while hiding the user’s IP address and any other personally identifiable information*from the websites that one is visiting.This World Wide Web is also Known as Anonymous web browsing.Anonymous Browsing is browsing the while hiding the user’s IP address and any other personally identifiable information from the websites that one is visiting.This World Wide Web is also Known as Anonymous web browsing.

    Shag Drive is the first and only plug and play device allowing you to surf all of your favorite sites discreetly, leaving no trace or history.

    With Shag Drive, you simply plug it in to a USB port on your computer and you have complete anonymity to surf adult sites, discreet dating sites or other personal sites without your employer or family knowing

    markcarter10, Nov 2, 2010