  1. wilburt

    wilburt Guest

    Has anyone here tested 'Anonymous Surfing' from Anonymizer ?

    wilburt, Dec 13, 2006

  2. wilburt

    macarro Guest

    wilburt wrote:
    > Has anyone here tested 'Anonymous Surfing' from Anonymizer ?

    My only experience is with http://www.steganos.com (VPN product) and
    it worked at great speed, with 25GB download limit a month, I recommend
    it for begginers as it needs no configuration at all, other similar
    product you may want to know about is http://www.cotse.net have not
    tested it but he product/price seems very competitive, you will need
    some basic knowledge about computing to do port forwarding, you may want
    to check news://alt.cotse

    macarro, Dec 16, 2006

  3. macarro wrote:

    > wilburt wrote:
    >> Has anyone here tested 'Anonymous Surfing' from Anonymizer ?
    >>

    > My only experience is with http://www.steganos.com (VPN product) and
    > it worked at great speed, with 25GB download limit a month, I recommend
    > it for begginers as it needs no configuration at all,

    Except that it's anything but anonymous.

    > other similar
    > product you may want to know about is http://www.cotse.net have not
    > tested it but he product/price seems very competitive, you will need
    > some basic knowledge about computing to do port forwarding, you may want
    > to check news://alt.cotse

    That sound like 'g0atse'. And probably sucks in the same way.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 16, 2006
  4. wilburt

    traveler 66 Guest

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:22:26 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

    > macarro wrote:
    >
    >> wilburt wrote:
    >>> Has anyone here tested 'Anonymous Surfing' from Anonymizer ?
    >>>

    >> My only experience is with http://www.steganos.com (VPN product) and
    >> it worked at great speed, with 25GB download limit a month, I recommend
    >> it for begginers as it needs no configuration at all,

    > Except that it's anything but anonymous.
    >
    >> other similar
    >> product you may want to know about is http://www.cotse.net have not
    >> tested it but he product/price seems very competitive, you will need
    >> some basic knowledge about computing to do port forwarding, you may want
    >> to check news://alt.cotse

    > That sound like 'g0atse'. And probably sucks in the same way.

    You remind me of the little kid in the old Mikey commercial, the one that
    knows it all and doesn't like anything, lol.

    traveler 66, Dec 17, 2006
  5. traveler 66 wrote:

    > You remind me of the little kid in the old Mikey commercial, the one that
    > knows it all and doesn't like anything, lol.

    Well, except that it's obvious that a centralized routing solution can't
    provide any anonymousness at all, rather achieves quite the contrary -
    centralized logging.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 17, 2006
  6. wilburt

    macarro Guest

    >> That sound like 'g0atse'. And probably sucks in the same way.
    >
    > You remind me of the little kid in the old Mikey commercial, the one that
    > knows it all and doesn't like anything, lol.

    I actually have his name filtered so the post go to the trash straight
    away, but when someone replies I get to see his posts.

    --
    Mapping the internet 24/7 http://www.netdimes.org

    macarro, Dec 20, 2006